Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport 6-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I have been following this website for the past couple of years. Thanks for the tips and fishing reports. I have finally committed to posting my results.

Took the wife and grandson to Rockport this morning. Water temp 61 with a slight breeze when we launched at 0630. We had our first fish around 0700 trolling the west side. Grandson reeled in a 4 lb rainbow and a 3.5 lb brown. The wind pushed us off around 1130. We finished the day with 10 total. A great day! Fish were caught at 5-10 feet in the early morning and 15-25 mid morning. We trolled dodger/kokabow combo with white, pink and orange the preferred colors.[Image: 1-EFAB343-F0-D0-4522-89-AD-E81-ACFAA86-A0.jpg]

2013 jetta sportwagen tdi 0 60
Welcome aboard (officially)!  Great report and post.  Nice fish!
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report and pic. Nice looking brown, looks like you hit it on a good day or really know how to fish that lake. Were you using down riggers?
Welcome and nice to see some good browns still roam RP
Thanks all! Yes, we were using downriggers stacked with 10 foot separation.
Welcome aboard! Nice job at Rockport. Thanks for posting that report. Always nice to take kids fishing, bet they had a good time.