Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Lake good day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We launched at 6:50 out of LB and headed East, to try and pick up where we left off the other day.  We caught 4, 3 of which were 25 inches, in 7 fow. trolling over by the Spanish Fork river, then we went into 4 fow. I caught a nice 27 incher there.

We continued to troll up and down the lake varying the depth from 4 fow to 8.5 fow.  We caught a total of 15 nice ones, 9 of them were 25+ inches.  All were caught on WB and released.  

I got 2, 28.5 inchers which gave me a 1/2 inch bump, but Richard caught a 30.5 incher. That thing must have weighed 14 lbs.  It was so heavy I could barely lift it in with the net. That gives him an inch and a half bump.  It looks like the big ones are coming out to play.  We had a very good day, until the water skiers and the heat run us off the water at noon.

[Image: sdr.jpg]   [Image: sdr.jpg]
Well done!... again. You two have been picking up some nice cats the last few days. I fished that same area last week (I had Richard's permission) and i caught a bunch of mid-20" fish. They were chunky and feisty and they seemed to be on the feed. The 30 incher I caught weighed 12 lbs. 7 oz. and really had my drag singing. I hope to get back over that way next week. Looking forward to September and, hopefully, some cooler weather.

BLK
It was mighty thoughty of ya to let Richard reel in that big one.  
Nice job! You are getting it figured out there on those cats!!
Sorry you had such a "bumpy" day ;-}. I've been goofing off for a few weeks but you can expect to see me out there again soon.