Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah lake walleye!!! 3-14-2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fritzfishin

Well Sunday morning I made the treck from grantsville down to sandy Beach, I got there about 9am and to my surprise I was the only one there all morning! I waded out past the weeds that are not in the water due to such low water levels, places that we caught walleye last year are dry, anyways I started with my ole stand by a 4" paddle tail grape color worm, then tried a 3.5" pulse r swim bait, and also a 3" white maniac minnow, after 3 hours of casting I finly caught a 9lb female and 7 smaller males, packed it up and went home, after a cold glass of tea I realized I didn't catch any fish I was dreaming while standing out there every stick and snag was a fish in my mind tho! Needless to say still a little early but hey ya gotta try! Fyi had a cat rod out as well with a whitebass head and 0 luck on that as well. [Image: 53882.jpg]
Wow ya got me, good thing I finished reading the article..
I'm sure that was how you dreamed it last night..

Fritzfishin

Whenever you get to sandy Beach and no ones there its safe to say its for a reason
Lol, every stick I catch is always the next state record. Nice to get out and enjoy the weather anyways.
(03-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: [ -> ]Well Sunday morning I made the treck from grantsville down to sandy Beach, I got there about 9am and to my surprise I was the only one there all morning! I waded out past the weeds that are not in the water due to such low water levels, places that we caught walleye last year are dry, anyways I started with my ole stand by a 4" paddle tail grape color worm, then tried a 3.5" pulse r swim bait, and also a 3" white maniac minnow, after 3 hours of casting I finly caught a 9lb female and 7 smaller males, packed it up and went home, after a cold glass of tea I realized I didn't catch any fish I was dreaming while standing out there every stick and snag was a fish in my mind tho! Needless to say still a little early but hey ya gotta try! Fyi had a cat rod out as well with a whitebass head and 0 luck on that as well. [Image: 53882.jpg]
 You Bass turd! Had me going cause we didn't get a single bite Sunday at Provo.

Fritzfishin

I'll try again in 2 weeks if anyone wants to meet up!