Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rubex prop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I banged up my prop one day last year when I got shoved into the rocks at Lincoln Harbor with a bunch of rescue boats launching while I was trying to load and leave. I have used it as-is but I need to get it repaired or replace it. I have a Rubex prop that came with the boat when I bought it. Does anybody know anything about those props? Are they decent or should I look elsewhere? It is 13.25 inches in diameter, has three blades and a 17 pitch. I use my boat mainly for fishing; I'm not looking for a lot of speed but do like to get up on plane quickly.
Rubex is a good prop, what size was the prop you banged up.
The Rubex prop is a good prop to use, an upgrade to stainless is quite a bit more expensive. So if your looking to stay with what you have you can either replace it or have it repaired. But a new like prop can cost as much as a repair. Also running a damaged prop depending its severity will bring balance into question. An out of balance prop can & will cause lower unit damage.

Neal Stevens at Perfect Pitch Propellers
[Image: Scan-20211206.jpg]

(12-06-2021, 02:57 PM)catchinon Wrote: [ -> ]I banged up my prop one day last year when I got shoved into the rocks at Lincoln Harbor with a bunch of rescue boats launching while I was trying to load and leave. I have used it as-is but I need to get it repaired or replace it. I have a Rubex prop that came with the boat when I bought it. Does anybody know anything about those props? Are they decent or should I look elsewhere? It is 13.25 inches in diameter, has three blades and a 17 pitch. I use my boat mainly for fishing; I'm not looking for a lot of speed but do like to get up on plane quickly.
If Utah lake is your primary water stick with aluminum, when a mishap occurs as it will you replace or repair the prop and not the lower unit which is really expensive.
Stainless props now come with inserts that are designed to shear if you hit something. Lower unit damage is no longer a factor unless you hit something hard enough to damage it itself. Prop impacts won't do it. The inserts are cheap and can even be replaced on the beach. I got mine through PropellorDepot.com I keep my OEM aluminum prop aboard as a spare.