Fishing Forum

Full Version: Great Session at Pineview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I parked at the windsurfing beach lot and made my way down the hill to the ice and walked into the narrows 300 yards past the big pressure ridge, I came across a evenly spaced row of old holes that spanned the narrows from north to south and saw where a couple shelter had previously been set up. I punched my first holes to find 40’ of water and crappie stacked from the bottom to 20’. I dropped my glow Gizzy Bug under a gold Kastmaster tipped with meal worm and soon it was game on. The bite was extremely light I missed a lot more than I caught but the good thing is, hooks sets are free. I fished from 6:30-9:30am caught 15 Crappie and a couple perch. The crappie are 6-11” perch where about 8”. It was a race with the sun the more it rose the thinner the crappie school got until it was gone and I went home. Caught them all on two meal worms and one perch eye.
[Image: DF450331-E9-D1-4-BBB-AC4-D-47-F29-C1-BA0-FB.jpg]

[Image: 513-A124-E-C7-D9-4-D80-8748-23-E9458-BB4-D1.jpg]
Nice going Shawn, did you have any problems getting down that steep slope from the parking lot to the ice? Better yet how was the climb back up?
Well done Shaun, you doing a turn around on it tomorrow night
(02-11-2022, 09:18 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice going Shawn, did you have any problems getting down that steep slope from the parking lot to the ice? Better yet how was the climb back up?

Not a terrible walk down and back one foot at a time on the way back up.

(02-11-2022, 09:42 PM)2knots Wrote: [ -> ]Well done Shaun, you doing a turn around on it tomorrow night

That was my plan, today was meant to be a recon trip before I took my wife and daughter Saturday night, but my wife would not enjoy the big hill, and I fear the bite is so lite that they will struggle to catch fish, instead we are going snow tubing in the morning, if I get back and have any energy left I may give it a go.
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif][b][b]obifishkenobi thanks for the report.  [/b][/b][/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I followed your time schedule this morning. Saw lots of fish on the finder, caught 2 between 7-7:27, 8 more until about 8:10, then the bite just stopped as did the fish coming through.  I was at Cemetery point, caught mainly crappie, 4 perch and 2 bull heads.  Not stellar but better than I have done all month long!  I was in 24 FOW.[/font]