Fishing Forum

Full Version: Provo marina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out to check the ice condition and get some fishing in the snow storm.  There is over an inch of slush on top of the ice.  There was over 50 fishermen out there.  I managed to catch some fish.
[Image: 5-AAA6-A5-F-0874-4551-8170-42648-EF01901.jpg]
Thanks for the report.
How thick was the ice under the slush?
(01-02-2023, 08:18 PM)BSF Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the report.
How thick was the ice under the slush?

I am guessing less than 3”, not safe to walk on for me.
Nice catch.... thanks for the report... J
Nice sized crappie good job.
Just got back from fishing at the state park.  Caught some fish for the fish fryer.  Ice is unsafe, saw a little girl fell through the ice.  Her family got her out.
[Image: image.jpg]
Looks like the white bass numbers are picking up, were you fishing suspended fish? If so, how far off the bottom?
(01-07-2023, 06:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the white bass numbers are picking up, were you fishing suspended fish? If so, how far off the bottom?

White bass is a foot of the bottom and crappies is suspended..
(01-07-2023, 07:26 PM)hook_sets Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2023, 06:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the white bass numbers are picking up, were you fishing suspended fish? If so, how far off the bottom?

White bass is a foot of the bottom and crappies is suspended..

Thanks
For years I’ve thought about doing this and am thinking of taking my boy to give it a shot, are you fishing right from the docks and dropping a line?
(01-08-2023, 02:21 AM)Bckfvr Wrote: [ -> ]For years I’ve thought about doing this and am thinking of taking my boy to give it a shot, are you fishing right from the docks and dropping a line?

Yes, that is what we are doing.  It is critical that one uses extremely sensitive rods in order to detect the light bites.  Also, it is best to use small jigs (especially if targeting the perch) and small baits.
Awesome, thanks for the info