Fishing Forum

Full Version: Anyone getting out fishing in Idaho?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been a while since anyone has posted a report, isn't anyone getting out?
I haven't been able to get out yet.
(02-23-2023, 04:40 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been able to get out yet.

That's too bad, hopefully someone reading this in Idaho is getting out.
Hopefully, haven't seen many reports on any forum for here lately.
(02-23-2023, 05:20 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully, haven't seen many reports on any forum for here lately.

I'm kind of surprised FastRandy isn't getting out and posting any reports, he usually gets out often during the Winter, hopefully he is OK.
Yea, Randy and Sean have been pretty quiet lately.
(02-23-2023, 03:45 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Been a while since anyone has posted a report, isn't anyone getting out?

I tried Twin 2 days ago. The ice was very thick and safe with no slush. Fishing was slow
but it was mid day. did get some dink gills and bass but no rainbows. Some lakes are hard to access
due to drifted roads. Winder and Lamont were no go last week.
Yea, I'm sure it's pretty tough getting around over there the last few weeks.
(02-25-2023, 04:17 PM)killerhook Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2023, 03:45 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Been a while since anyone has posted a report, isn't anyone getting out?

I tried Twin 2 days ago. The ice was very thick and safe with no slush. Fishing was slow
but it was mid day. did get some dink gills and bass but no rainbows. Some lakes are hard to access
due to drifted roads. Winder and Lamont were no go last week.

Thanks for the report. How's the fishing or should I say catching for you this Winter? We have been having mixed results this Winter, with more poor days than good ones.
Fished Lucky Peak today from the dam to Charcoal Gulch. Nice long, slow boat ride. Not a hit. Still an enjoyable day.
(02-26-2023, 04:33 AM)physion Wrote: [ -> ]Fished Lucky Peak today from the dam to Charcoal Gulch. Nice long, slow boat ride. Not a hit. Still an enjoyable day.

Last time I fished LP in late Fall, I had the same experience, sure thought it was strange the even the trout were not interested there. We marked few fish, were you marking any fish while you were there?
[Image: luckypeaknov2020.jpg]
Made it up for the cascade cup last week. More fishing than catching caught some trout but couldn't get the perch to play.
(02-26-2023, 04:28 PM)mme1 Wrote: [ -> ]Made it up for the cascade cup last week. More fishing than catching caught some trout but couldn't get the perch to play.

Wow, we haven't heard from you for a while, hope everything has been going OK for you. Good to hear you were able to get up to Cascade, bummer the perch did not want to play, any size to the trout up there?
(02-26-2023, 01:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 04:33 AM)physion Wrote: [ -> ]Fished Lucky Peak today from the dam to Charcoal Gulch. Nice long, slow boat ride. Not a hit. Still an enjoyable day.

Last time I fished LP in late Fall, I had the same experience, sure thought it was strange the even the trout were not interested there. We marked few fish, were you marking any fish while you were there?
[Image: luckypeaknov2020.jpg]

I marked fish at 20 ft and 40 ft but couldn't get them to play.  Nothing on the surface either.  I did talk to some who went further up reservoir and they picked up one or two.
Worked on sheet rocking my basement last year and first part of this ice seasons 
So depressing finally got it painted and pulled my stuff out of the rafters. I have been trying to make up for lost time the last month.
Hit Alexander and didn’t take my snow shoes that was dumb a few
Dink perch around but not much luck.
Hit devils but only had a few big bass looking but not figured out what they want yet.
Last weekend hit fosters and had a few bass interested but no luck found perch and had a good time trying to ice crawdads. They were everywhere and bringing them up on the ice distracted me from catching anything else
(02-28-2023, 04:58 AM)TAIL-CHASER Wrote: [ -> ]Worked on sheet rocking my basement last year and first part of this ice seasons 
So depressing finally got it painted and pulled my stuff out of the rafters. I have been trying to make up for lost time the last month.
Hit devils but only had a few big bass looking but not figured out what they want yet.
Last weekend hit fosters and had a few bass interested but no luck found perch and had a good time trying to ice crawdads. They were everywhere and bringing them up on the ice distracted me from catching anything else

Sounds like you are really making up for lost time, good for you getting out that much in such a short amount of time. Been there done that on the sheet rocking, don't mind hanging it so much but the mudding is a pain in the butt unless you are really good at it. Targeting crawdads, can't really say I done that through the ice, you got to have a lot of patients to do that I bet. Have any of these lakes been slushy or deep in snow on top of the ice? Thanks for the reports.
(02-28-2023, 01:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2023, 04:58 AM)TAIL-CHASER Wrote: [ -> ]Worked on sheet rocking my basement last year and first part of this ice seasons 

Sounds like you are really making up for lost time, good for you getting out that much in such a short amount of time. Been there done that on the sheet rocking, don't mind hanging it so much but the mudding is a pain in the butt unless you are really good at it. Targeting crawdads, can't really say I done that through the ice, you got to have a lot of patients to do that I bet. Have any of these lakes been slushy or deep in snow on top of the ice? Thanks for the reports.

Fosters was good this weekend with about a foot of snow and over a foot of ice
Devils was also easy walking with about the same conditions
Both had deep hard snow getting to the lake will be tough walking once it starts warming up
Alexander was a work out when I when had well over a foot of ice 6 inches of slush and a couple feet of snow. I have been using snow shoes since that workout.
I am sure there will be more snow when this storm gets done.
(02-28-2023, 02:33 PM)TAIL-CHASER Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2023, 01:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Fosters was good this weekend with about a foot of snow and over a foot of ice
Devils was also easy walking with about the same conditions
Both had deep hard snow getting to the lake will be tough walking once it starts warming up
Alexander was a work out when I when had well over a foot of ice 6 inches of slush and a couple feet of snow. I have been using snow shoes since that workout.
I am sure there will be more snow when this storm gets done.
Snow shoes are always smart when the snow is that deep, thanks for the added info.
Has anyone noticed any ice melt the last couple days with a bit warmer weather and now getting rain on top of the snow/ice? Particularly at Ririe, is the ice holding up or is it starting to get soft and ready to melt? It shouldnt be long before it starts melting if it hasnt.
I'm sure with the rain and wind forecast it won't be long before ice comes off the lakes.
Pages: 1 2