Fishing Forum

Full Version: East Canyon Snow Depth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here know how much snow is on the ice at EC?
With over 12 inches of ice I want to put my S x S on the lake to ice fish.  I have a 12 inch clearance but we've had a ton of snow lately and don't want to get stuck.

RM
There is a EC report on here from Saturday stating heavy slush and around 4 inches of fresh snow. I live in Henefer and since Saturday we picked up another 6 inches at the house and 9 at the ranch which is on the road to EC. While I can't answer your question exactly I would think it would be close to that foot range of fresh snow but it would have settled a fair bit now. If I had tracks for a sxs I would go. If I was on tires I would wait to see if someone will respond who has actually been on the lake in the last day or so.
(03-01-2023, 04:21 PM)ReelMasta Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here know how much snow is on the ice at EC?
With over 12 inches of ice I want to put my S x S on the lake to ice fish.  I have a 12 inch clearance but we've had a ton of snow lately and don't want to get stuck.

RM

As I was sitting on the ice last Sat in the slush and snow.... I thought to myself......I'd take my snowmobile on that, but only because it has aggressive powder paddles on it that would help in the slush/snow.  I wouldn't take a trail sled on it.  I also thought about the 4 wheeler...a Sportsman 400 4x4 and thought...I would not take it out on that.
Sorry....Don't have a SXS to compare....but my first thought is no, I wouldn't.
Not sure if that helps
Good advice everyone. Crappy conditions for sure.
Bring a board the edges are very soft. I got water in my boots on entry. So far 1 nice bow about 17".
(03-03-2023, 02:34 PM)ReelMasta Wrote: [ -> ]Good advice everyone.  Crappy conditions for sure.
Bring a board the edges are very soft.  I got water in my boots on entry.  So far 1 nice bow about 17".

Hey Scott, did you end up taking the side by side? Sounds like you just walked on. How far did you end up walking out from the shore before setting up?