Fishing Forum

Full Version: Water flowing in good catching, water not flowing in poor catching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out to Willard yesterday and the water was coming down the baffles at full speed, got out there today to fish the south marina channel and the water was shut off. Well we were there so we gave it a shot anyway and another shunking to add to our growing list of skunkings this Winter Sad The good news it that by next week we should be able to launch a boat and fish a decent sized area away from the shore, even if all the ice hasn't melted. Here are a few pics I took today.

[Image: view-looking-NW-South-channel.jpg]

[Image: view-looking-SE-south-channel.jpg]

[Image: south-marina-dock-2-weeks-ago.jpg]
Docks two weeks ago

[Image: south-marina-dock-3-9-23.jpg]
Docks today
It is about time for us to make a run for bait so we are ready to make an early swing at Willard cats
(03-09-2023, 10:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Got out to Willard yesterday and the water was coming down the baffles at full speed, got out there today to fish the south marina channel and the water was shut off. Well we were there so we gave it a shot anyway and another shunking to add to our growing list of skunkings this Winter Sad The good news it that by next week we should be able to launch a boat and fish a decent sized area away from the shore, even if all the ice hasn't melted. Here are a few pics I took today.

[Image: view-looking-NW-South-channel.jpg]

[Image: view-looking-SE-south-channel.jpg]

[Image: south-marina-dock-2-weeks-ago.jpg]
Docks two weeks ago

[Image: south-marina-dock-3-9-23.jpg]
Docks today

Thanks curt. Looks like it is coming but if no water coming down it may be a couple weeks before we can launch a boat. Thanks again curt.
(03-10-2023, 12:24 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: [ -> ]It is about time for us to make a run for bait so we are ready to make an early swing at Willard cats

What kind of bait are you planning on catching for the cats Lance?
(03-10-2023, 12:56 AM)oldguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks curt. Looks like it is coming but if no water coming down it may be a couple weeks before we can launch a boat. Thanks again curt.

I can't believe they will have the water turned off for long, especially with the warm up coming. Starting tomorrow for at least the next week, the temps will be in the 40's, even the low 50's, the overnight temps will mostly be above freezing as well. My guess is later next week I'll be launching.
(03-10-2023, 01:01 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 12:24 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: [ -> ]It is about time for us to make a run for bait so we are ready to make an early swing at Willard cats

What kind of bait are you planning on catching for the cats Lance?

Likely a run  for chubs and suckers.
Thanks for scouting it out
Let me know when you can get on the water I want to go with you.
Monday I'm going through my wheel bearings and put a new water pump on the big motor.

thinking about buying the new live scope Transducer  I have the 32, the new 34 looks better but it may only help me with lake trout
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/849965
(03-10-2023, 08:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [ -> ]Let me know when you can get on the water I want to go with you.
Monday I'm going through my wheel bearings and put a new water pump on the big motor.

thinking about buying the new live scope Transducer  I have the 32, the new 34 looks better but it may only help me with lake trout

No problem Robert, as soon as I know, I'll let you know. With the wind we have today and these warm temps, it won't be long now. So this new transducer gives you a new angle that the old one didn't show, is it mainly for deeper water?
Nice, looks like there water had come up quite a bit since last year.
(03-10-2023, 08:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: [ -> ]Let me know when you can get on the water I want to go with you.

You will not be disappointed with the LVS34. I love mine.