Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry Oveernight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and a buddy decided to get crazy and stay the night out on Stawberry.  We originally planned to fish the ladders but the wind had blown a giant drift in front of gap in the snow from the parking lot, and there was alot of open water from the inlet.  So we decide to try chicken creek. We didn't get set up til 7:30. Had a fish on while dropping my first line but unfortunately it got off. The night was very uneventful fish were few and far between and very picky, my buddy was able to ice one.  The night  was cold, my buddy ended up going to his vehicle around 5 to get warm and said it was -17. Iced my first fish around 8am Sunday morning and was only able to get two more by the time we left at 12.
(03-27-2023, 02:52 AM)RedNekFishR Wrote: [ -> ]Me and a buddy decided to get crazy and stay the night out on Stawberry.  We originally planned to fish the ladders but the wind had blown a giant drift in front of gap in the snow from the parking lot, and there was alot of open water from the inlet.  So we decide to try chicken creek. We didn't get set up til 7:30. Had a fish on while dropping my first line but unfortunately it got off. The night was very uneventful fish were few and far between and very picky, my buddy was able to ice one.  The night  was cold, my buddy ended up going to his vehicle around 5 to get warm and said it was -17. Iced my first fish around 8am Sunday morning and was only able to get two more by the time we left at 12.

Wow, that sounds like a brutal trip, good to hear you caught a few fish at least, were any of them slot busters, any bows?