Fishing Forum

Full Version: Drawing results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Received my email today. I drew a  muzzleloader general season deer tag, my second choice for that area. Unsuccessful for the rest. I just hope a few survived the winter so that I might see some.
Drew a late season muzzleloader deer tag up by Chalk Creek area.

Have the same hope of having some animals left after this winter.
Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.
Antelope on the San Rafael unit for me. Haven't gone in a few years because of all the Wyoming tag cuts. Should be fun!
(05-26-2023, 11:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.

That should be a fun hunt. Good luck in finding a big one.
(05-26-2023, 05:17 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2023, 11:39 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Drew a LE deer for the West Desert Vernon. Talked to Bovineowner, who lives in that area and he thinks my chances are good of getting a 170 or larger deer in that area. Fingers crossed some of those larger deer survived. I'm hoping for a 190 or larger but we will see.

That should be a fun hunt. Good luck in finding a big one.
Thanks, What I really want is a 30" wide buck but I'd be ok with one that was 28", we will see how that works out. Ira and I both drew, so at least I won't be hunting alone, like I did on that Big Horn sheep hunt a few years back. 
I simply put in for points this year for all my stuff. With the winter we had, I wanted to give things a break. I do have a Montana deer tag. Will be looking forward to November for this rut hunt!
(05-27-2023, 06:36 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: [ -> ]I simply put in for points this year for all my stuff. With the winter we had, I wanted to give things a break. I do have a Montana deer tag. Will be looking forward to November for this rut hunt!

Same here. Figured I would chase some birds and fish this fall. Hope those that drew out can find something to chase.
Just an archery deer tag for me here in Utah, havent applied for my normal wy. hunt the last couple years due to a big die off of the whitetail population due to EHD. Sure miss that hunt the wife and I started hunting there in 1997.
Floy canyon HAMSS hunt for me. Hope there are still some good bucks left.
I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
"HAMS stands for handgun, archery, muzzleloader, and shotgun. These hunts will be late season hunt and will require the use of the stated equipment. Although a late season, multi-weapon sounds like a home run, there is a large stipulation applicable to the equipment."

How late in the season is this hunt?
(05-29-2023, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.
"HAMS stands for handgun, archery, muzzleloader, and shotgun. These hunts will be late season hunt and will require the use of the stated equipment. Although a late season, multi-weapon sounds like a home run, there is a large stipulation applicable to the equipment."

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?

(05-29-2023, 10:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]I had never heard of a HAMSS hunt, so I looked it up and this is what I found.

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?I hope it works out.
(06-01-2023, 03:26 AM)300win Wrote: [ -> ]

They added straight walled cartridges also this year. It goes from Nov 11- 26. Sounds like a fun hunt.?

Thanks for the info, That should be a good time to be out there, should be during the rut, I haven't hunted deer during that rut since they changed the dates of the muzzleloader.