Fishing Forum

Full Version: Standings 2024 Cat Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Here is the first weeks results. Congrats to all those who got out and didn't get skunked. Speaking of skunked, Our first week leader is SkunkedAgain. Way to go Jeff! The North team has jumped out to an early lead (way to go John and Jeff!). Can they hold onto it?

[Image: March-20-2024-Update.jpg]
Week 2 is over and both teams have 6 fish on the board. The south teams are little bigger, lead by and early 32 posted by Pisco. The water doesn't look to warm much over the next week or so, but the competition still could!

(To view the spreadsheet, I had to first click on it and then click "zoom" in the upper right corner)

[Image: March-27-2024-Update.jpg]
It was a little slow week before last with no fish posted, but this week we've had good fish posted by several people. Jon's was the best addition at 30.5. Things should start getting more consistent in the next few weeks. Keep em coming!

[Image: 4-18-2024-Update.jpg]
Hey all you cataholics out there. I just got word back from Jeff and he asked me to pass it along. You can use either placard (catfish contest or summer challenge) for either contest, al long as you are already entered in both and post the pictures to both contests threads if applicable.

Things are warming up for cat catches. Good Luck out there!
Another week gone by and another leader! Congratulations to John (Ahi) for storming into first place, breaking 90" total before the first of May! More cats posted this week and Jon (Dirtbag) has moved into 3rd place. I know there would be more cats caught if the weather would stabilize for a little longer between storms, but the water is good! We are starting into some good cat fishing, and then will come the great!

[Image: 4-24-2024-Update.jpg]
It's been a bit slow with the cooler weather hanging on, but several fish were entered including two by the newcomer RedRebel! Ahi's lead has been cut down to half an inch, but he is due to enter another big fish anytime. Here are this weeks standings.

[Image: May-9-2024-Update.jpg]

Things are beginning to warm up, at least for the number of entries. This week two more people added fish, Mooseman75 and BLK. Glad you guys have joined the party. Looks like the water will be warming in the next week. Go get um!

[Image: 5-15-2024-Update.png]

Here's the unofficial update for June 5. Pisco has jumped into lead with Ahi right behind. Julie had a good week and has surged to 3rd place. The spawn seems to be in full swing and good cats are coming in regularly. Keep after them!

[Image: 6-5-2024-Update.png]

It was kind of quiet for a while, but things really heated up! We have 3 people that have made the 90" mark and had cats at 30.5 entered by BLK and Dirtbag, and BLK moved into a tie for second place. Big_Riggs also got on the board with a nice cat (and I corrected the spelling on his username in the table). It is beginning to look like a long close race this year. I'm looking forward to the new week!

[Image: 6-13-2024-2024-Update.jpg]
May and June always seem to be slow for me as far as big cats go. It seems most folks are having the same luck lately. Admittedly, I have been chasing other fish the last 3 outings. 

We do have a couple of bright spots since the last update. Catrat got on the board and added a 31. Second largest of the year so far! Also, Welcome to FishingWithMyDuo who joined team south this week.

Don't give up, the best is yet to come!

[Image: 7-11-2024-Update.jpg]

Things are heating up! Lots of fish entered since the last update including a 33" beast entered by Julie that brought her into second place! Then a great 31.5 inch cat entered by John (Ahi) to bring him into a tie with Julie and a couple of 30's entered by Jon (Dirtbag) to tie him for 4th place with BLK. The big fish days have started early this year and it looks like an exciting summer/fall.

The best is here, but it is a long way from over!

[Image: 7-31-2024-Update.jpg]
A good week this week with 2 fish at 31.5 added by JOATMON and Pisco. JOATMON moved up 5 places in the standings, keep up the good work!

[Image: 8-7-2024-Update.jpg]