Fishing Forum

Full Version: 2024 catfish contest Lil_Riggs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Utah Lake 

4/21/24

29 inch 

this year's cat contest Placard flew out of the boat on the way to the lake I found his old one from last year hope it works.

[Image: IMG-4242.jpg]
(04-22-2024, 02:47 PM)big_griggs Wrote: [ -> ]Utah Lake 

4/21/24

29 inch 

this year's cat contest Placard flew out of the boat on the way to the lake I found his old one from last year hope it works.

[Image: IMG-4242.jpg]
That is a great fish, Congrats! We can overlook the placard this time Wink This was a hard one to score because that nose doesn't appear to be even with the end of your "board." The lower lobe of the tail is slightly past 29", however the upper lobe is clearly longer so I can tell that the cat is at least 29. Good for 29 points and the best youth fish so far!

You may want to take a look at the last fish that John (Ahi) posted. Measuring them that way lets you take advantage of the upper lobe of the tail which is usually longer than the lower one. you might have gotten 29.5 out of this one laid out flat like Jon's is. It also makes my life easier trying to be fair with the scoring. Thanks and keep em coming!