Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard 6/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to the south ramp a little before 6am gat was open and a handful of boats had already launched.went after small mouths tried top water and ned rigs nothing on top and a few little ones on the ned. Started working a jerk bait and a school of wipers found it ended up getting few then the school was gone. And I couldn't relocate them. Since KSL outdoors I figured the light pole would be crowed and it was at least two dozen boats out there so I didn't fish there very long. 
[Image: IMG20240619114934.jpg]
Thanks for the report. Glad you found a couple of willing wipers.
Did you loan your fillet knife to a couple old guys to skin a cat, who couldn't find any power for their electric knife? If so, thanks.
(06-19-2024, 09:23 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got to the south ramp a little before 6am gat was open and a handful of boats had already launched.went after small mouths tried top water and ned rigs nothing on top and a few little ones on the ned. Started working a jerk bait and a school of wipers found it ended up getting few then the school was gone. And I couldn't relocate them. Since KSL outdoors I figured the light pole would be crowed and it was at least two dozen boats out there so I didn't fish there very long. 

Seems like it's hard to catch many wipers at Willard anymore, especially the ones like Adam and crew caught on his show, small ones are more common. How long were the ones you caught? Did you catch any cats, lots of those cats up tight to the dike right now.
(06-20-2024, 10:00 PM)BURLEY Wrote: [ -> ]Did you loan your fillet knife to a couple old guys to skin a cat, who couldn't find any power for their electric knife? If so, thanks.

That was me hopefully it was sharp enough for you it's on the list to get done it was good chatting with you.

(06-20-2024, 10:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2024, 09:23 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got to the south ramp a little before 6am gat was open and a handful of boats had already launched.went after small mouths tried top water and ned rigs nothing on top and a few little ones on the ned. Started working a jerk bait and a school of wipers found it ended up getting few then the school was gone. And I couldn't relocate them. Since KSL outdoors I figured the light pole would be crowed and it was at least two dozen boats out there so I didn't fish there very long. 

Seems like it's hard to catch many wipers at Willard anymore, especially the ones like Adam and crew caught on his show, small ones are more common. How long were the ones you caught? Did you catch any cats, lots of those cats up tight to the dike right now.
No cats they were there and gone pretty quick the biggest was about 25/26 inches I'm guessing 5 1/2 lbs I need to get another scale that's also on the list
(06-21-2024, 11:57 AM)Bubman1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2024, 10:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like it's hard to catch many wipers at Willard anymore, especially the ones like Adam and crew caught on his show, small ones are more common. How long were the ones you caught? Did you catch any cats, lots of those cats up tight to the dike right now.
No cats they were there and gone pretty quick the biggest was about 25/26 inches I'm guessing 5 1/2 lbs I need to get another scale that's also on the list

Those cats put up a great fight, especially this time of the year, with the warmer water. Do you think they fight as good or better than the smallies?
Me and my son go quite a bit just for cats it's a blast they fight so hard. And it's good practice for his bait casting reel. We also catch different fish casting the rocks everything except a perch and a crappie and gizzard shad this year. The lake is very healthy this year.