Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo Res. Fri. 7-12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a 'Poor fishing' day (solunar charts), Echo was actually fairly good this morning, at least early morning..trolling for the 'bows, buddy and I started by 0745..2 early hookups for me saw decent rainbows sky rocketing up and out, and unfortunately losing both..exciting for awhile..I lost another 1 like that, and then my buddy also, and we're thinking..what? are these kokanee?..but I don't think there are kokes in Echo..those 4 we lost, but then by 0930 we boated a good 2 man limit, all 15 to 17" range, just nice fish...a few more lite taps after that, but no more hookups..the trash boats started arriving by 0930, churning and burning...no more bites after 1000, even trying to escape their shenanigans for another hour of fishing...chartreus best for me, tipped with garlic flavored pink grubs..planer boards and down riggers worked today, early 17/18 feet down, then by 0900, 28 to 31 feet down...surface 70*...even more trash boats launching as we were trying to depart..I'd hate to be here on a Saturday..Guluk...
You lost me at "trolling for bows" but to each his own. Glad you had a good time.

I'm too hobbled up, have almost daily doctor visits, and it's just too damned hot for me right now. I envy you the trip even if I don't fish for trout.
Sounds like a good morning Joe - glad you found some fish. Those smaller lakes get smacked by the pleasure boaters earlier each year…
(07-13-2024, 02:21 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a good morning Joe - glad you found some fish.  Those smaller lakes get smacked by the pleasure boaters earlier each year…

tks Mike..ready to go when you are...except no Fri, Sat, Sun!!..

(07-13-2024, 12:31 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: [ -> ]You lost me at "trolling for bows" but to each his own. Glad you had a good time.

I'm too hobbled up, have almost daily doctor visits, and it's just too damned hot for me right now. I envy you the trip even if I don't fish for trout.

Hey Rocky..Yeah, I know how you feel about cold water species..that's ok..if I could get one of them dumb bass to hit while I'm trolling, I'd be ok with that...just surf 'em in like the pros do Big Grin I don't have anything against bass, it' not their fault. I've even enjoyed mistakenly catching a few up at Mantua thru the ice, while targeting the bull bluegills...No doubt, to each his own...In my boat, we troll.. catfish, wiper, walleye, kokes, lakers, rainbows, G. browns, even large perch...but no large or smallmouth bass...and that's ok...A fish is a fish, and they all have their place...in the water!  or on my table, or for 80 to 90 percent of my rainbows, they go to many grateful older singles, or young families in my area.. Fish On!..guluk..
We all probably prefer the fish types we grew up with. I wasn't anywhere near trout growing up in Illinois, and actually not until I moved to Utah. Caught my first rainbow trolling pop gear at East Canyon, as a guest of KSL's Doug Miller. Fly fished for trout for years before finally realizing my heart wasn't in it and it no longer appealed to me. Went back to the species of my youth: bass, bluegill, perch, catfish, crappie.

They taste better, anyway.
(07-13-2024, 07:54 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: [ -> ]We all probably prefer the fish types we grew up with. I wasn't anywhere near trout growing up in Illinois, and actually not until I moved to Utah. Caught my first rainbow trolling pop gear at East Canyon, as a guest of KSL's Doug Miller. Fly fished for trout for years before finally realizing my heart wasn't in it and it no longer appealed to me. Went back to the species of my youth: bass, bluegill, perch, catfish, crappie.

They taste better, anyway.

Sorry to hear you're out of action for awhile...hope you're back out there soon harassing the bass...my early years in Wisconsin we chased crappie, bluegill, perch, Northern Pike, bullheads, and the occasional walleye..so when I got to Utah in the late 70's, I also was very excited to hit the mountains and streams for any trout species...Trout Unlimited, Utah Flyfishers, tying my own flies, wading the Provo, Ogden, Green, float tubing the Uintahs...did that...loved it...Then 15 years ago a buddy took me to the Gorge, trolling for kokes and lakers...that was a blast, I got my own boat, now I'm a troller convert...and love it...watching your rod tip jumping, or planer board go flying...just as exciting as seeing that red and white bobber sink with an unknown, as you put it, "species of my youth"...Guluk...