Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo 8/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went up to Echo, as promised. Temp at arrival 46F, water 69F. Elected to go to the dam and drift back with the early morning wind. Caught dinkymouth bass on a surface lure until I got tired of that. Went to the west side hoping for something bigger. Didn't find any larger ones, just more dinks. Had some "perchy" rattle drops, but no hookups. The launch ramp is about 100 yards down to the water's edge. Chart says 65% full. Looked about that. 

Oddly, they ignored a brown tube, something they usually can't resist. Liked a clear/black speckle twister tail on a jig. 

There were only two ski/wake boats all morning, but more arrived at 11 as I was leaving. Did manage to have a bald eagle and either a golden or an immature bald fly over me on the west side. Leaning to it being a juvenile. Also saw sand hill cranes on the drive there. Beautiful day, good time.
I waved at ya, I think. Someone drifting and tossn the rock for bass
Sounds like a chilly start to the morning. What kind of surface lure were you using to catch all those baby bass Rocky?
I don't know its name. It's a 3-inch lure that just sits nose high in the water and does the "dog walk" with little twitches of the rod tip. No popping. I Fished it along the east bank while there was still shadow on the water. When it became sun lit, the surface bite quit.

Very soon now, I'll ditch the inflatable PFD and go to a full jacket style, for the warmth. May switch during the day.
Probably a Zara spook.
No, not a Zara. Much smaller and floats very much tail down, almost vertically.