Fishing Forum

Full Version: mounting my Cuda 168
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got it done just need to mount the finder on the block of wood. After many hours of pondering I finally came up with the "setup" that works for me. It keeps the finder tight to my tube and very secure. No movement what so ever.

I started with a block of wood 2" thick and cut to about 5x5". Stapeled a length of strap material to the underside. It is mounted over a velcro strap so this way I can use the strap to help secure the mount. Nailed on 2 more smaller strips about an 1x1" to compensate for the curvature of the "pontoon". Then stapled on 2 strips of self adhesive weather stripping to the "legs" to cushion the mount and reduce slippage. Screwed in 2 size 10 screw eyes to attach bungee cords to and mounted the sucker. I found that it had a tendency to fall forward so I remedied that by screwing in 2 small screw eyes on the rear of the mount and run the bungee cords across and over them from D ring to D ring. This holds the rear down perfectly.

On the bungee cord hooks I added shrink tube to eliminate any possibility of the sharp edges digging in to the craft. Estimated cost of this project? About $1.00 a whole BUCK in materials. The bungee cords are the short was that come in a package of 10 for a dollar at Wallmart the same for the screw eyes. The weather striping was on clearance also at Walmart, $2.00 for a 17' roll. The wood was some scrap I had lying around and the nails & staples not even worth mentioning, LOL

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3679;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3680;]

Using the bungee cords this way it's easy to see how firmly they hold the rear of the mount in place.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3681;]
The finished product, minus the Finder and paint Job [cool] That baby ain't going no where!!! Tight as a...... OOPS [blush]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3678;]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Al, good thinking. You have effectively made use of the D rings so strategically placed on your particulat craft. I agree. Doesn't look like that puppy is going to move at all.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Next, let's see how the transducer mount comes out. Maybe you can scratch your head a little and come up with something unique there as well. Once you start playing around, and get a feel for what you have to work with, it is suprising all of the options that are available. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I have gone through a bunch of different craft over the years. Each one has its own peculiar setup and D ring placement, so that I have to reconfigure whatever it is I have been used to using. Keeps me on my toes and off the streets.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]NEXT...we wanna see you holding some giant fish for the camera. Good luck on finishing up the install.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Smile] Gonna get to the rest of the project tomorrow if I have time. As far as pics of me holding up the big ones, probably won't happen since I almost always fish alone. I do get pictures of them lying on the bank though. Heres one that I caught at I-80 pond sometime last week. That puppy was about 19" and chubby for his age [shocked]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3683;]
[signature]