Fishing Forum

Full Version: Bear Lake Ice Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went up to Bear Lake today (Sunday, April 4) to see how the house fared over the winter and take some measurements for some remodeling we're doing. Friday and Saturday's wind must have done the trick, because as far as my eyes could see, there was no ice. There could very well be some chunks still floating around somewhere on the lake, but I couldn't see any. Several boats were on the water and motoring around apparently care free.

Lot's of construction going on at the Utah State Park Marina. Only one launch lane is usable because of construction material and equipment piled up on the others. Looks like they put in two new lanes. The last slabs of concrete at the bottom of the new lanes haven't been poured yet and the load/unload docks on either side of the ramp haven't been put back in the water yet. Looks like they're reorganizing the ready lanes and the marina entrance too. The new fish cleaning station looks small, but nice and a welcome feature.
[signature]
[size 2]Man I did not expect that for news!! I was just up there last Tuesday and there was still alot of ice! Hope your place made it through the winter O.K. mine has broken water lines!! [Sad] Time to gear up for some jigging!!![/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That exactely what I wanted to hear.
Thanks for the great report RNL, since Willard is still slow it looks like I'll give Bear lake a try soon. I sure thought it would be a few more weeks before the Bear was clear but those big winds sure can clear the ice off a lake quick. WH2
[signature]
[red][size 3]Any idea how Rendezvous Beach may be this spring? I haven't been over that way for quite a while, think you could get a boat in there with the water levels? My dad's having a tough time getting around these days and wants to get out another time for a little fishing, boating and camping. I thought it might be a good place to try. [/size][/red]
[signature]
thanks for the report. cant wait to get out on the bear.

JOe
[signature]
It is true...ice is almost gone. The wind on Friday night and Saturday cleared out most of the ice. Yesterday (Sunday) there were a couple of boats that went out for the first time this year. Be careful though, and RipNLips said it too, there are still some large chunks of ice floating around out there and if you hit one going full throttle, it could be devastating. Sunday evening I watched one chunk of ice about a 1/4 mile wide floating around out in the middle but that is all the ice I could see on the big pond.
[signature]