Fishing Forum

Full Version: lets do our part
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was up at Rockport on saturday and had some good luck by the dam using rainbow power bait. others by us were landing them on marshmallow and worm rig. But, what was really fun was picking up all the trash that has been collecting over time. luckily, we found some plastic bags that were graciously left behing by others and we filled three of them with trash on our way back to the car. we need to do a better job of not leaving trash and helping to clean up after those inconsiderate people that do. I for one will always be taking a trash bag along to help keep our fishing waters and shores clean. Just some thoughts. tight lines
[signature]
I agree. I can't believe some of the stuff people leave behind. I stress to my kids the importance of packing out what you pack in. There is that occasional worm lid that the wind gets ahold of. But I don't think some people have the smarts to realize that what they leave behind makes it nasty for other people.I have seen people walk right by the garbage cans and drop stuff and leave it. It ticks me off.
[signature]
[cool]I agree, Leaky. There's just too many careless, lazy, morons out there who unfortunately don't give a rats a$$ about keeping the outdoors beautiful, or leaving it nice for future generations.[mad][mad] Unfortunately, a small percentage of outdoorsman are also the bottom of the barrel of society, and they like to fish and hunt too. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the litterbugs are also the same people that fish with bait where your not allowed, and also take there limits (or much more than their limits) home every single trip (even if their freezer has a bunch of freezer burnt fish from last season)[pirate]. Freakin' idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always packed out my own trash, but I'm starting to realize that that's not good enough. I need to bring a trash bag and start picking up after some of these morons at the end of the day before I go home.

Sorry about the rant, but those kind of people really piss me off. If this keeps up, I hate to think of what my grandkids (future, that is) will have to deal with when they go up to the mountains to fish or hunt in say, 30 years from now. The whole damn place might look like a garbage dump!

O.k., I'm done and I'll get off my soapbox now.
[signature]
i think that is just fantastic that you picked up that trash[cool][cool][cool]!!! i was fishing the weber by devil's slide and was wishing i had a few garbage bags. that area has some great fishing, but it's very dirty[unsure]. i'm definately going to more conscious of the litter around me... i'll be keeping a few plastic bags in my truck!

thanks for the fabulous post! it's a great reminder for all of us!

stephanie
[signature]
I agree also I've gone "non-linear" about this before and it just upsets me all over again. SO I'll keep the tantrum to a minimum. What is it with people that feel they can just trash up everything!
[signature]
hhmmmmm I remember posting something about this a few weeks ago. we all need to do our part it would be nice if everyone picked up their own trash but we all know that is dreaming. every time I take my kids to the ponds by my house we walk around and pick up trash then we get the poles out.
[signature]
It doesn't take very long for the trast to pile up in spots like the damn at Rockport. I was there two weeks ago (right below the damn parking lot). and picked up two sacks full myself. I totally agree with your premise that we all need to do our part to keep these places clean. Like you said, "[size 1]we need to do a better job of not leaving trash and helping to clean up after those inconsiderate people that do." By the way, Thank You for your efforts, it makes a nicer place for us all.[Smile][/size]
[signature]