Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pineview Ice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you get a boat on pineview this time of year or is there too much ice?

Thanks!
[signature]
Pineview is ice free and from what I hear the Crappie bite is on!!!!
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]No more ice at all. There have been boats out for the last couple of weeks. Havent heard of much fishing yet water temp is still cold.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Troutboy[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I'll give the crappie a try. Any color jig work better than another. In TN we use mainly live minnows, which of course work great. I'm getting adjusted to Utah fising. I'm from TN but stationed at Hill. The fishing is a lot different here but I'm learning. Last year was my first year and was really rough learning the ropes. Luckily I found this site which has really helped me out tremendously. I've been reading a while but just became a member yesterday.

Thanks again,

Cass
[signature]
i was out at pineview on monday and caught 14 big crappies using a white/chartruese crappie stinger....4 other peple seem to be doing good also there...
[signature]
Hey casbass welcome to BFT!! Glad to have you aboard.

Please make sure you get a copy of the Utah fishing proclamation we have some pretty weird regulations here. One huge difference is that fishing with a live minnow is not legal in the state of Utah.
[signature]
Casbass,the standard crappie rig is a chartreuse curl tail jig [Mr. Twister ] on a pink jig head size 1/8 or 1/16 oz. Put it 4' to 8' under a bobber and reel in very very slow. Almost not moving at all. Let the fish pull the bobber down and set the hook lightly. Fish on the east end around structure, by the shore line. I hope to be there Sat. morning myself. Good luck and welcome to Utah. DKS
[signature]
Thanks for all of the useful info! This site is awesome.
[signature]
casbass,

Welcome to Utah. I hope you enjoy it. And thank you for your service to our country. I am very grateful for our military and those people who serve in it. I really appreciate your sacrifice for my freedom. Again, thank you.

m
[signature]
Thanks. I've been in the Air Force for 11 years and have probably been told thanks maybe 3 or 4 times (once was my Mom :0). But really, thanks. It makes us feel our cause is a worthy one when we hear praise from the people we are fighting for and defending.

Cass
[signature]