Fishing Forum

Full Version: PLASTICS??? HOW TO??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HEY ALL,

I WANT TO TRY OUT SOME SOFT PLATICS THIS YEAR. MORE SPECIFICALLY, GULP MINNOW WORMS, AND SENKOS. AND GRUBS TROUBLE IS I DONT KNOW HOW TO FISH THEM, I HAVE A BUNCH I HAVE "GATHERED" OVER THE LAST FEW AND WONDER HOW TO USE THESE UN-USED TOOLS TO MY ADVANTAGE..???

LATERS,
[signature]
Fish Jordanelle, Deer Creek, Willard Bay, or any of the other bass bonanza lakes and you should figure out real quick what the fish like and how to work the plastics or as Roland Martin says, you don't work them, they work for you...... Honestly though, good luck with that. If you fish a smallie lake, the learning curve should be a little shorter since I don't think the smallies are as picky a fish. they have to be some of our most Angry little critters we have here in Utah......
[signature]
Depending on where you are fishing will determine your tactics.

Utah Lake ... Texas Rigged anything will do. Also a small splitshot above your hook will do. Throw the plastic bait right by the shore or docks. work them slow and make sure your drag is set.

Deer Creek: Grubs work very well here. Greens & Browns. Leah-head these badboys for some smallmouth action! Senkos work wel here as well. I usually Wacky-rigg them.

Jordanelle: Weedless ... Weedless ... Weedless The Bass are huge here!
[signature]
Senkos, I love Senkos, my favorite method of bass fishing. Although I know many say that it is too boring fishing senkos. Each to his own I guess.

Rig them any way you like, Texas, Wacky, Carolina, even drop shoting them. I like texas rigging them weightless but plan on giving wacky another shot using the O ring method. Got tired of looseing so many Senkos cause they fall off easily when wacky rigged. Place an O ring that is snug to the worm near the center where you impale your hook and lose less worms Smile
[signature]
Hey hustler - try a little dab of super glue on your hook if you don't want to fool with the o-rings. I use to do that on my worm hooks and it would last double the fish. Not sure how it would work on a wacky rig but its worth a try maybe.[Wink]
[signature]
I've done that when texas rigging but stopped after a while (Lazy A..) It works great though. Might be worth a try for Wacky rigging, should prevent them from shaking it off. Alot of the trouble I have had is setting the hook, missing the fish and coming up wormless, as if they ar grabbing the tail and swimming off.
[signature]
it would take me way to muching typing to reply to this post go to your searsh engine and type in plastic worms and you will get more hits then you will want you will have to pick thru the ones wanting to sell you brands but you will find many "how to " sites also
[signature]