Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pineview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[crazy]Went to Pineview today looking for muskies. We didn't find any but I caught 2 of these. I hope this pic. works. Both fish were hooked in the mouth. on deep diving crank bait.
[signature]
Those carp must see all of those tiger muskies swimming around them and they think that they are one too (LOL).
[signature]
Thanks for the report . Got to love them carp there . I have hooked them on all kinds of stuff from rapalas , jigs , and senkos . Last year the muskies seem to like the smaller stuff early in the year . Did you try real shallow water like 2' of water ? That is about how deep Road was when he hooked up on a big fish that got away .
[signature]
I'll be up there again in the morning. If you see a 16' flat bottom boat say Hi.
[signature]
We work the edges staying about 50' from shore. the boat is usually in about 20' then we cast to the bank. I caught the carp on the pole I troll behind the boat.
[signature]
I didn't see any flat bottom boats today , but fished for about 4 hours this morning . I got one follow but no hit . About a 40" muskie and it got about 3' from me and didn't seem to be bothered by me . Made a bunch of cast to it and still nothing . Even dragged my lure inches in front of him and not even interested . LOL Forgot my fins , so float tube stayed in the truck . I fished from shore today .
[signature]
I had a patient today that was up at Pineview...they only caught a couple of carp. I wonder how the crappie are doing up there. I used to knock them dead, but it has been a while. Anyone catching any?
[signature]
I took my first ever trip to pineview this morning (4/25). Fished from my pontoon boat north of the huntsville cemetary. Had a 35" tiger swim by right after I put in. I spent 15 minutes chasing him around, but he was completely uninterrested in anything I thew. That was about as close as I got to a fish. I thew various grubs, shadraps, ratltraps, husky-jerks and even some senkos until about 3:30 without a bite. I got a brand new fishfinder and I thought I was graphing a bucketload of fish in about 10 feet of water, but after I got playing around with the settings a little I'm not so sure I didn't spend my whole afternoon casting to submerged bushes. If anyone has any advice about how to catch the muskie let me know. I got so excited seeing that one gator that it made the trip worth it, I could only imagine how much fun it would be to catch one.
[signature]
I talked to a guy sunday that said the water temp has dropped from 58 to 49 in the last week. it should be better by mid week.
[signature]
I spent Sat afternoon fishing for Crappie, it was a little cold and fairly windy. the water tem was 50 around spring creek and 48 by the port ramp. I did see a couple schools of crappie still in fairly deep (20'). I think it needs to warm up a bit for them to go shallow.

fdg
[signature]
For those Muskies I'd get a hold of nomoose. He will be doing alot of guiding this year. And if you get a chance keep your eyes open on the board when he throws a free muskie class. I've still got to go to one of those.
[signature]