Fishing Forum

Full Version: Betty G 7/11 Big Bass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

New owner of the Betty G AWESOME.. LIKES TO FISH..

only Zomees, JC, Jimmy and I today..

Eat the Iron and loved the sardine..

Best local bass boat in town

Calico's up to 8lbs pics on the way.. We caught at least 30+ on the nice quality Calicos meaning 3 pounds + all released..

We left around 11am fished until 5pm because the Capt had to be back in to run the Twilight boat..

More detail..

At our first spot there was no condition but we did see breaking Yellows but no biters.. The Yellows were crashing off our bow.. Tried to get the Iron there but they were just out of the CK reach..

The next spot was all we needed.. Started to see Calico's boiling so I started to throw the Iron.. Managed to get about 5 nice fish up to 5lbs.. They stopped eating the Iron so I was fishing bait on my ULUA so that was really fun.. The bass were boiling all day and they were the big boys.. At the end of the day we saw either a huge Calico or WSB chasing bait in the kelp.. It was an awesome sight.. It was so big it was making splashes as big as a seal would make..

Also two 6 pound calico's were chasing bait right next to the boat so I thew my baited ULUA right on top of them.. The fish chased my bait right out the water and he was airborn.. Now thats awesome.. He took my bait and I was on but I pulled a fishingminds and farmed him.. These fish were so aggressive that they were eating 30lb no problem probably would of bit 50lb.. You needed the heavy line because of the Kelp.. We did manage to catch 4 Short Seabass.. JC caught two on the plastic.. Everyone caught at least a 7 pound + fish except for JC.. Sorry JC.. This was one of the best Bass fishing trips I ever had off Redondo..

I all most forgot.. The best thing about fishing Redondo on a nice day.. Is when you get in you got Naja's, Samba's and the Old happy Clam right there to keep the party going.

Look for me chartering this boat again real soon..

Thanks to the new owner John, his son and Capt. Darin..

CK

PS We left these fish biting

PSPS.. JC got out fished by everybody
[signature]
Hey CK, it sounds like the bite is picking up better and better. It won't be long before everything is lit up all the way to Point Conception.

Thanks for the nice report and keep them coming.
[signature]

Hey there CoronaKing,

Awesome trip. Lots of big fish. I've never had a trip that good... maybe someday.

Right now it seems like 30lb test is OK everywhere. One thing about it..... Izorline Platinum 30lb test will catch any bass I hook and I can bounce cuda all day long!

JapanRon
[signature]