Fishing Forum

Full Version: Anyone fish silverwood lake lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am usually on the utah board but I am planning a trip to Cali and I want to fish silverwood lake, I haven't been there since I was a kid and I need to know what to use and what part of the lake to go, I will be on a boat and I have an aqua view but no fishfinder.
[signature]

Hey there brownskie,

The lake itself doesn't have a website, as you may know, but a lot of general information is avaliable at the [url "http://www.parks.ca.gov"]Parks[/url] site.

If you google silverwood lake, you'll get more info... unfortunately not from anglers who have been there. Oh well!

Maybe someone here has been their recently.

JapanRon
[signature]
launch your boat head to the inlet get right up to the bouies and cast rapala j-11's in rainbow trout pattern killer way to catch strippers !
[signature]
Hey brownskie, Here is one of the latest reports from Silverwood. I hope you find it usefull.

Largemouth bass are fair to good at Miller and Cleghorn canyons. Top baits continue to be nightcrawlers or plastic worms. Striper fishing has fallen off and fishing is slow to fair. Best action is on small fish for anglers fishing off of the docks. Top baits have been anchovies, sardines, nightcrawlers, or chicken livers. A few good catches of crappie are being made by anglers targeting brush piles with mini-jigs. Some trout are being landed on Power Bait or small lures. For more information, contact the marina at (760) 389-2299, the state park at (760) 389-2281, or the Silverwood Country store at (760) 389-2423.
[signature]
Thanks for the info it will really help.
[signature]