Fishing Forum

Full Version: Something to think about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No particular point to make except...Now that we are in monsoon season...

Crowded Boat Ramp Blamed in Woman’s Death [Image: clear.gif]
[font "arial,helv"][size 2] GRANT, Fla. – Tuesday July 20, 2004 - A crowded boat ramp in Brevard County, Fla. may have played a role in the death of a 41-year-old woman who was struck by lightning Sunday, according to a story posted to television station WFTV’s Web site yesterday.
Stephanie Anderson was struck in the chest and her 10-year-old son Bradley, who is hospitalized, was hit in the head by the lightning bolt while the two sought shelter on a small island in the Indian River near Grant, Fla.
Witnesses said the family was within 100 yards of the boat launch but was unable to land due to a 20-boat backup that prevented them from coming in to find safe harbor.
The Orlando Sentinel reported in a story today that officials with the county's parks and recreation department have been discussing the need for more boat ramps in south Brevard for more than a decade but that land along the river is extremely expensive and the water extremely shallow.
"So few docks and so many boats, if you're on the water when a storm hits, there really is no Plan B," Martin Carter, a lifelong boater and owner of Capt. Hiram's, a restaurant, marina and hotel about five miles south of Grant, told the newspaper.

Source: http://bassresource.com/html/contents.html
--------------------

Even taking out at 9:30 AM I am noticing a lot more traffic at the ramps. I am also noticing my rig is getting more dings above the waterline -maybe at the launch dock when I am not there keeping an eye on it. Opps!
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Monsoon season for where, Florida?

Around here it doesn't start til August through September.
[signature]