Fishing Forum

Full Version: Currant Creek Res. 7-30,31-04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the family up for some camping and fishing fun. The bottom line is the fishing was red hot.

I was fishing from a tube and tried just about everything and it all caught fish but I had the best luck fishing shallow areas in the mornings with a black bodied and gold bladed Panther Martin but best of all was drifting with the wind in the afternoon trailing a small tube jig tipped with a piece of worm. I was out with my 6 year old daughter today and I lost track of how many doubles we had and I actually ran out of worms even though I was only using about an inch long piece at a time. Very fun for the kids. At one point she actually said, "Dad will you reel my fish in for me? I need a break."

Most of the fish were 8-12" but we caught a few larger up to 16". Most of our fish were caught near the surface regardless of water depth although there were fish deeper.

FM
[signature]
Good to hear you and your gang did so well. I road up to Currant Creek yesterday and lauched my Tube at the inlet at day break. I was flipping Vibrex, and it was nearly none stop action for smaller Cuts.
[signature]
Yep, I did the same thing on Friday but Saturday I was down towards the dam, otherwise we might have bumped into each other. I was thinking that with the number of people up there there might have been other BFT folks around.

FM
[signature]
LOL,, yeah,, Saturday it was about as busy as I've seen it. With the Archery hunt coming I was thinking alot of folks spent the first couple of hours just after day break scoping Bulls & Bucks, then dropped down to the lake to fish.
[signature]