Fishing Forum

Full Version: East Canyon Report 8/6/04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished East Canyon Today With Theekillerbee and my Little Brother. started out about 6am and trolled by the dam at 1-1.5 mph. water temp was 70* was slow at first but picked up tkb caught 16 good ones and i caught 3 my brother hadnt caught any so i took his pole and he took mine and he got 13 for the day used "mean green" apex and "stinky Pinky" apex with a worm sweetener. fish here down 23-29ft with losts of marks on the finder at 100+ ft.

old dam is still under water probly a good 5ft or so couldnt see it from the road.
[signature]
Hey Jason, sounds like you need to replace that one unlucky rod.
[signature]
It sure was great to get into a bunch of fish. The wind wasn't too bad either. Here is a pic of a few of the fish that went home for the grille!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5870;]
[signature]
Sounds like a good day at East canyon, did you guys catch any big ones? What about the parasites are they bad? WH2
[signature]
16" was the biggest. yes most had the parisites but they wern't to bad
[signature]
I was thinking he was talking about the jet skiers!!!
[signature]
Don't tell me the jet skiers are as bad as the parasites, if they are I'm staying away from East canyon for a while longer. Fall has always been my best time anyway. WH2
[signature]
Went for sunrise service on Sunday with mom, water temp was 70 when we put in around 7am. Trolled the south fork and landed 5 nice ones. All were caught on pop gear and worms with a sliver spoon. Tried the spiners and needle fish, didn't even get a bite.
[signature]
We fished East Canyon on Sunday for a couple of hours and didn't get a bite. We fished from shore with power bait and worms. So we left and went to pineview. Got a few real small perch, that was a surprise we haven't gotten perch out of there for a couple of years. We also got some little smallies.One smallie we got was about 3 inches long and it had a minnow in its mouth that was about 2 inches long.We got the smallies on a worm off the bottom.We were bank fishing the south side across from cemetery point.
[signature]