Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek 8-14-04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished Deer Creek this morning from 6:00am till noon. Being with my dad and brother in law (trout onlyy fishermen) we trolled for trout. My dad 5 bows and one walleye, the brother in law caught 9 bows and 3 walleye, and I caught 6 bows and three walleye. I was using a rapala, but my dad and brother in law were using big pop gear and worm. I had never heard of anyone catching walleye on pop gear and worm and I'm wondering if anyone else has.

John
[signature]
Hey John, souds like you guys had a good day up there. were you on the flats ?? I've herd of guys catching walleye on pop gear but I never have tried it. I do use a double bladed worm harness for walleye. I'll talk to you later. chuck
[signature]
Chuck,

We launched at the Island Resort and trolled the flats for the first hour or so, picking up three of the walleye there. Then we trolled up and down the east shore from the island south the main dock the rest of the time. The fish were in the ten foot of water early but moved down to about 25 feet by 9:30.

John
[signature]
It sounds like I should have been trolling a worm harness when I was there Friday. We tried trolling but we were using crankbaits and all we caught were smallmouth. How big were the walleye you guys caught? Thanks for the report. WH2
[signature]
Wiperhunter2,

The walleye were 9 to 14 inches and the bows were 14-16 inches.

John
[signature]