Fishing Forum

Full Version: Quincy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from four hours of flogging the water there. Don't waste your time, unless you bring your tube!

The water is about as high as I can remember it being in the last five years? There is so much undergrowth and brush it is hard to just find a place to fish. I saw one bass the whole time and caught zero. No tigers, nothing was happening in the shallows. There was a guy out in a tube smoking small trout on a bugger. He must of caught at least a dozen that i saw.

I used the usual stuff! Topwaters, spinnerbaits and Senko's and nothing got so much as a follow.
[signature]
Where i grew up in Eastern Kansas there were thousands of small lakes and streams with bass and catfish available. I never knew how god i had it!

I have had the best luck here in Colorado at Quincy and Aurora when i wanted a quick bass fix. Those Aurora smallies are getting much more numerous and larger every year.

As soon as we get a our first hard cold spell i want to fish the river above Chatfield and see if we can find a few Browns that have come up out of the lake.
[signature]