Fishing Forum

Full Version: Clevland Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
went to cleveland res today just to check it out.. first i drove down to E-lake to check on how it was doing still has open water on about 1/2 the lake.. drove back to cleveland res walked out about 10 feet punched a test hole ice was 6 to 7 inches.. so walked out about 50 yards and started fishing..
not to much going on in this lake tryed 4 or 5 diffrent places could not find any fish in numbers..
cought 4 fish in 4 hrs..
the fish i did catch were nice size fish.. 18 to 20 inche fish and fat..
well hope i do better at Scofield tomorow..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
Good report Ron. There have I seen that ice spoon before. HA!
[signature]
Wow those are nice fish! I have tried it there in different places but no luck.Only caught some kind of sucker and that was all.How thick is the ice on e-lake right now?
[signature]
Thanks for another excellent report fuzzy!

Do you think Cleveland is deep enough to avoid a winter kill this year?
[signature]
i'm sure it's deep enough this year!! i was marking 19 feet out were i was.. it looks to be about 3/4 of the way full.. jugeing from the ice pushing up the shoure line and slush around the edge the lake is still comeing up..

the lake seams to be in good shape.. i dont know if the dwr has planted any fish in there for a while or not.. but the fish i cought today looked way to big to be planters.. but not very many fish on the finder today had 7 fish on the finder today and cought 4 of them..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
Only cutts or are there other species present?
[signature]
i cought 2 cutbows and 1 cutt and 1 rainbow.. like i say there did not seam to be alot of fish in the lake.. but what fish are in the lake are very nice sized..

the fish i cought at clevland put up alot better fight than the fish at Scofield did the other day..

dude on fish?
Ron ` `
[signature]
hey ocean i did not even go down and check the ice at E-lake..

E-lake is alot deeper than the other lake in the area and has alot of strong current flowing through it..

Warning !! to all BFT members E-lake can be one of the most dangerous lakes in this area to ice fish.. now that it is so low and the current as strong as it is even after it ices up there is thin spots all over the lake where the current comes close to the surfice of the lake..

the other reason it's so dangerous is the limited acceass to and from the lake would make rescue very difficult..

so dont get it to big of a hurry getting on E-lake's ice.. after it's got 4 to 6 inches on it it's safe for a long time..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]