Fishing Forum

Full Version: Causey access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this as a reply to a Causey fishing report, but I guess I'm impatient today.

I'm wondering what sort of access there is to Causey? I've only been there once or twice, and never fished it,especially in the winter. Where's the best access?
Would Lost Creek be a better option?
I'm planning on hitting one of these tomorrow, and could use some fast answers.
Thanks
[signature]
Access to Causey is good. You can easily get there in a car. The only problem would be if your tried to get up there in a heavy storm, as they might not have the roads plowed. Take the 12th street exit in Ogden, head east, go past the dam (not over it) and follow the signs to Monty Cristo. Then follow the signs to the dam and the boy scout camp. Good luck if you head up there.
[signature]
Perhaps I should explain. I've been TO Causey before.. I've even taken a canoe up there. I've never fished it before though. I don't mind walking a ways, but I don't want to take my kids and an ice shelter down too steep of a bank. I don't think I want to do any cliff diving eitherSmile. Injuries to not make a good fishing trip make.

I was just wondering how to get down to the ice in the easiest way, so to avoid injury and exhaustion, so far as that's possible. From my one experience at Causey, it's surrounded in large part by steep cliffs. A co-worker said he took a canoe up there, and launched at a northern part of the lake, of which I had no knowledge.

I basically want to know how to get down to the ice without any broken bones. I'm assuming that's possible.
[signature]
You can hike down the far end of the dam face where it meets with the mountain side, there should be a good path by now. As far a going down that’s the easy part just let go of the sled, ha-ha. I have used a 200 ft rope and a pulley to take heavy gear up and down a dam, it work great as long as you don’t run out of rope. You still may be able to drive to the tip of the south arm and walk down to the ice from there also. In years past I’ve seen people make a path sideways down the dam with makes the grade less steep but longer. Good luck on your trip.
[signature]
[cool]The only thing I can think of if you don't wanna go down the steep dam by walking, I would suggest hopping in your sled, and sliding down it onto the ice. The down side is, you'll still have to hike up the dam to get out. Maybe petty4life will have some other ideas. Send him a pm, but this is the only thing I can think of.
[signature]
Thanks fw, that's actually very helpful
[signature]
I don't have a problem with hiking, or even sliding, I just don't want my kids, or myself, to do it with a splint or tournaguet.
[signature]