Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockperch 01-22-05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished Rockport on the west end for 3 hours today. Caught 15 perch all ranging 9-10 inches and two Browns that were 11 inched long.

Most success came from my Chartreuse Genz Worm tipped with glow-night crawler.

Action the first 2 hours was quick with all but 2 landed in the first couple hours. Missed alot of hits and had alot of bait thiefs. Great fun, I can't wait to take my daughter to Rockport to fish. Fishing is fast in the morning. Last hour was dawg slow.

Below are pics of the average fish.
[Image: IMGP1011.sized.jpg]

I was on the middle west side in about 45 feet of water. All bites were off the bottom about a foot. The ice on the west end was 6 inches.

Cheers.... Rockperch.......
[signature]
Great to here you caught a few . Is all the snow gone from shore ? I really love dragging my sled thru the mud . I may go tomorrow for a chance at a brown .
[signature]
thank you for the report... i am thinkin of headin up there on tuesday.. anyone else gonna be up there?
[signature]
Not much snow, alot of mud. Sad
[signature]
Have fun tuesday, try and get up there early, the morning bite is where it is at for quantity. At 10:30 things slowed, one here and there, but at 11 it was dead for the perch, but the trout hit.
[signature]
glad to hear the ice is still ok. good for next weeks party
[signature]
Catman-

I'm in North Ogden and thinking of hitting Rockport in the early a.m. Tuesday, then back to work by noon. Send me a PM of your plans, etc., I might want to tag along. I'm looking for an excuse to try out my new fish finder!! [Tongue]

F4F
[signature]
SOUNDS LIKE A FUN DAY. NEXT TRIP TRY A BRONZE SWEEDISH PIMPLE WITH A PERCH EYEBALL. WE KILLED EM LAST TUESDAY WITH THIS COMBO.
[signature]
I thought that was you altima when I pulled up. Fishin' was a bit slow compared to what I was used to last year, but a lot of the fish are bigger. Got 'em on everything...waxies, eyeballs, and crawlers on a ratso below a kastmaster. Not bad, but not great. Also got a bow or two every once in awhile.
Anthony
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Craig. Sounds like you had a better day than I did, but at least I wasn't in smogville all day! So, in your opinion is the ice getting thicker, i.e. safer? I didn't think it was getting cold enough at night to do so, but maybe it is??[crazy]
[signature]
It definately is getting thicker, and when I arrived around 8:30 it was DAMN cold even though the sun was out, really nippy up there compared to when we went tuesday.

Ice is holding up and thickening.
[signature]
It was all of nine degrees when I arrived at Sulphur Creek this morning at 7:15. Wish we could get some of that to slip over the mountains to Echo/Rockport/Jordanelle/Deer Creek! Still good to hear it is thickening. Maybe rockport next Fri or Sat.

Chester
[signature]
[cool]Excellent news, dude! Think I'll hit it this week sometime then. Just not sure which week day yet. This is also good news for the upcoming Perch party!
[signature]