Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing in Alaska
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[signature]
Welcome the BigFishTackle Dameon. Please feel free to tell us a little about the fishing in Alaska. It's always nice to know what's going on in other parts of the country.[cool]
[signature]
Well, I tried to ask a question yesterday, but for some reason it didn't work. I am going to Alaska in july, I am staying in a USFS Cabin on Turner lake, In the lake there are Dolly Varden, Cutthroat Trout, and kokanee, in the river below the lake are pink salmon, now I am from South Carolina and I fish for Black Bass and Stripers. Any advice on how to catch these alaskan fish would be gfreatly appreciated. I hope this post works this time, don't know what happened yesterday.

Dameon
[signature]
Your bass and striper gear should be fine unless you plan on hooking a big one. Especially the Vardens. They can get pretty big.

You might want 1 rig that is just in the Med/Heavy range for those bigger beasts.

Most everything being caught there will respond on flashers, lures, whitefish or herring, and streamers.

Please let us know how you do once you take your trip. In the mean time please feel free to ask any question in reguards to any of your fishing needs.
[signature]
Thank you for the help.
[signature]