Fishing Forum

Full Version: The nerve some people have,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url "http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6914824/?GT1=6190"]Sickening[/url] Some people need to control their childern better.

*well i still cant spell the damn word but at least it doesnt say sicking
[signature]
My personal take on this is that the judgement is fair. Unfortunately whenever we try to do something nice, we sometimes inadvertantly do something harmful. I think children and teenagers are particularly susceptible to an absence of foresight, and thinking things through.

I remember a story from a few years ago, where a foreign exchange student went to the wrong house for a halloween party, and approached the house in a strange manner, wearing strange clothing. The homeowner thought he was menacing and shot him. If I remember correctly, there were no charges brought against the homeowner. It may not be right, but it's correct.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There's a few ways to look at this. The fact that the teens offered to cover all the medical bills, to me, says that they were sorry and were willing to make amends to rectify the situation. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]When kids try to do good things but show poor judgement, Some latitude should be given. They're kids, for heck sakes, good kids. Unfortunately, in our sue happy society, nobdy really won in this situation and two, well meaning, teen girls were hardened for life to that fact.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Slightly bad judgment or otherwise, I see this as a prime case of "No good deed shall go unpunished!".
[signature]
That lady is probably some old bitter geezer that has nothing else to do in life! She probably ate the cookies with her high cholesterol count and gave her self a heart attack! If she was so frightened why didnt she call the police? [crazy]
[signature]
Here's a link, I believe to a local newspaper, where people are discussing it. I haven't read it all, so I can't vouch for the content, but it sounds like a local radio station has collected enough donations to pay for the fees, and donate a chunk to charity.

I don't disagree with the girls' intentions, but I think it's a foolhardy endeavor to go around banging on people's doors at odd hours. I just hate to see anyone get hurt.

http://www.millennialstar.org/index.php/...t#comments
[signature]