Fishing Forum

Full Version: Berry big report 2-5-5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to Strawberry with a buddy, he dragged me a long for the power auger. As we drove down there we wondered how the weather would be. We managed to catch the sunrise on the mountain. The weather ended up being perfect for a day of fishing on the ice.

[inline Sunrise.JPG]

We fished the narrows in a spot we found last year. We didn’t get in the water until just before 9:00 and the fishing was hot, a fish ever 10 minutes, until 11:30 right after the fish cop came by. After 11:30 it was a fish ever hour. We were using white Whatta crickets and Boogers tipped with mealies. I tried other jigs and a few wax worms and got nothing.

My buddies boy sure had a good day he pulled out this nice 25 inch 6 lbs fish, he also caught another 23 inch 4 or 5 lbs. What a lucky day it was for him, my hole was only 10 feet away and all the fish I caught were between 15 and 20 inches.
[inline "Sam 25 inch 6lbs Strawberry 02-05-05.JPG"]
[signature]
Sounds like a great day up there Paul. That is also a very nice cutt! Did you guys catch any bows over there? I've heard from some people that you can usually get more bows in the narrows.
[signature]