Fishing Forum

Full Version: HELP rply ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone ok well some of you may know I broke my rod not to long ago so I am going to be getting a new rod and a new reel online so I will have it by Saturday at least so I can go out wiht my buddies and fish .

I think I am going to be getting a whuppin stick from Cabelas and it will be a spinning rod now I dont know wather to get a 5`6 L 4-10 or a 6 foot M 6-15 and that os the PWR and the Line WT which is 20 dollars but then the reel I thinking about getting a Penn or Quantuam but I am open to suggestions I can spend about 40 bucks so i THINK that should be good now let me know what REEL you think I should get include LINE CAP. WT. GEAR RATIO BBS and price plz now the reel cannot be 40 dollars maybe 25 or something b.c. I am using a gift card that has 50 dolalrs on it and also LET ME KNOW WHAT LINE I SHOULD USE I WILL USE 10LB TRIELINE XL CAST line let met know ASAP!!!!

hows this?? [url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0023012&navAction=push&navCount=8&indexId=cat20287&parentId=cat20287&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fpod-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166 "]super reel[/url]

and waht gear RATIO??
THANKS

~cast~

******link was too long****** TN2
[signature]
Them whoopin' sticks are related to the Ugly Stick's, I think. Just don't ask me anything about gear ratio's. I'm clueless in that area.
[signature]
With the bigger line, you will need the bigger reel which comes with the higher gear ratio.[cool]

The higher ratio gives you a faster retrieval.
[signature]
If it where me I'd get the 6' med on the stick, 10lb on the line of your choice,on the reel for your price range I'd go with the Mitchell 300x for $29.99. Good luck
[signature]
Thanks guys I went with
CABELAS TOURNAMENT 2505/WHUPPIN STICK SPIN COMBO its about 40 dollars
but it seems worth it thanks again

THANKS

~cast~
[signature]
Hey Fourstrings88. Don't forget! We want to see your fishing report when you catch something on your new combo. Pictures would be nice too if you have a digital camera or a friend that has one.[cool]
[signature]
Not a problem I usually always catch something in the lakes in my little small small rscue boat I am goign this weekend so I will keep ya posted Wink
[signature]