Fishing Forum

Full Version: Death of a legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was Saddend today to hear that country/Western singer Chris Ledoux Passed away this morning from Liver Cancer. Chris Ledux was the first Artist i ever saw in concert and have been a big fan of his ever since. to me he is a true hero and a legend and wont be forgoten. God Bless you Chris
[signature]
It is Sad, its too abd that he never got the fame and country superstar status that he deserved. He was one of the greatest singers of his time, it is tragic that it happened so suddenely.
[signature]
it got my mom and dad pretty bummed
[signature]
I am truly bummed out. He was one of my top 3 favorite singing artists out of all the genres out there. I am in shock, I am definitely regretting not going to his last concert. I went to 6 of them in my life and met with him personally once. I admired his non flashy personality, when speaking with him, he adamitly said it wasnt for the fame, but for the music and the people. Many dont know this but he jump started Garth Brooks and George Strait to where they are today. He will be truly missed!!!
[signature]
[Sad]I was totaly bummed. I have seen this man in concert on numerous occassions, and I provided personal security for him the last time that he performed at the Dee events center in Ogden. He is the most classy guy you could ever meet!! HE did not have a big ego like most all of these other people do. I have had the oppertunity to meet alot of these performers. He is by far second to none! I have many of his dvd's and will continue to listen to them all the time. Another great cowboy has riden off into the sunset. Rest in peace Chris Ledoux! You are the man!
[signature]
Do we know if it is for real this time because there was a press release about three years ago that said the exact same thing? All of the news agencies picked up on it and all of the country stations announced it.

I'm a big Ledoux fan too. He's the one that got me into country music and he was an old rodeo buddy of my best friend's dad. I wish he would have been more popular outside of the rocky mountain region, but there are many current country stars that credit their love of western music to Ledoux.
[signature]
I guess it is real...the official Ledox website has the memorial details on it.
[signature]