Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing for the big one or AM I?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as you know its spring time ONE of the best fishing seasons of the year.Well let me tell you about my "Fishing Adventure".My friend and I were both in my small cramped oar boat and we decided to fish somewhere else for a change so he dropped me off at a diffrent island in a community lake there was nothing but ducks.My friend was in the boat laying back when this other guy onshore at his house told my friend in the boat there were some Gigantic fish there.

So of course he ored over there and I wondered where he went b/c I wasent getting any bites so I wandered what he was doing.I later called him over and he ored over and picked me up and told me about the fish that were over here.I at first thought they might have been 5 pound fish swimming around waiting for some feed, man was I wrong.

We approach the place and he tell me there is a big fat catfish that he was trying to snag that was lying on a rock which was very big indeed.While he stood up in the boat I got off the shore andlooked for the bass that were close to shore but were still deep by somre rocks.Now I sometimes exatrate but I assure I am not right now one of these had to be at least 10 punds it was so big i was worried my 8lb line would not handle it but i had my drag of course and the other was a bout half the size but still big and there were others around t here also.I try my first Rapala floating jointed lure which does nothing.

The fish semmes to be gurading its nest becuase there are leaves and some rocks in a sort of ditch that its under and they both seem to stay in the sam spot.So I try almost every lure,worm,soft plstic,and crankbait i had.The fish was alwyas scared of it the only time where I got anything out of it is when I used my small rapala countdown grey minnow which kind of picked at it but after that Istill go nothing it just swam away from it and then came back.Now the only time i almost got something was when I used my Green deep diver crankbait which I almost caught a fish adjact to the ones I was trying to catch.

So now that my stroy is dont I would like some answer I did not get bites all day escept that one time does anyone have ANY SUGGESTIONS ONTO get these fish to bite..lures,worms..whatever LET ME KNOW THANKS!

thank you very much

~cast~
[signature]
Fourstrings88, Try a big fat minnow on a treble hook or floating jig head. Drag it in front of his face ever so slowly. If that doesn't work try a big ole fat nightcrawler using the same set up.
[signature]
Sucker minnow works for me. I caught my largest bass on one of them just below a bobber. Nothing was biting that day. I let the sucker minnow swim around for about 2 hrs before it was taken. I would imagine if the bass is nesting, it would see the sucker minnow as an enemy waiting to eat eggs and would devour it.
[signature]