Fishing Forum

Full Version: Reminder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
REMINDER......

In a few weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. You will be charged for these calls.

Call this number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the national DO NOT CALL list. It only takes a minute of your time. It blocks your number for 5 years.

Please pass this on to everyone you know who doesn't want to be hassled.
[signature]
This is not true. It is a partial truth that has been floating around the internet for a few months now. When it first came out, I actually went and added my cell to the do not call list. While this is fine and won't hurt if you do it, the scare is unfounded.

There will be a list that telemarketers can use to contact cell phone users, but it is an OPT-IN list. That means, you have to ASK to be on the list to be included. If you do nothing, nothing will change. You will not receive any more calls than you do now. Just an FYI.
[signature]
I resistered mine also a while back. Weather it's real or not I have a hard time believing you'll have to call to give the telemarketers your cell number. Its about like the phone company saying for years there isn't a reverse phone book. One that list the phone numbers by address instead of by name. But its there.
[signature]
Rumor or not I would want to be on the safe side.

Besides, who (in their right mind) would want to "opt-in" on a teleamarketers list? That don't make sense.
[signature]
Strange but true the new list is a list of cell people who have in one way or another asked to be on it and to receive calls. Why anyone would want to be on it I don't know. Telemarketing companies hate the Do Not Call list and are worried that Congress will try and ban telemarketing all together if they start calling cell phones. With that said I still put my cell on the list in case they ever change their minds.
[signature]
When you list you cell number on any application that can be considered permission. I found out the hard way that all that fine print at the bottom of any contract can come back to haunt but who reads all the fine print. I just quit putting anything but what is minimally required. Cell numbers and E mail address are not required is what I found out after the fact. There are sneaky ways for them to get numbers and addresses. WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt, how long have you had a cell phone?
[signature]
I bought one of those emergency use ones in December but after 60 days I let it expire. I paid 35.00 for the phone and 60 days of service.
[signature]