Fishing Forum

Full Version: Finally drew out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finaly drew out on the Manti archery elk tag. I didn't wait as long as some people have but it took six years to get it.
Does anyone have any info on that area they would be willing to share? I have from soldier summit south to I-70 to hunt. I have been in the Ephriam canyon area a few times but I have not been north of there. I would greatly appreciate any info on what canyons to try and so forth. Water holes and wallows would be helpful also.

Thanks.
Travis.
[signature]
Way to go Travis, can't help you on the area but I hope you do good. 11 years and counting on my bighorn sheep permit, maybe next year.
[signature]
Congrats on drawing! I drew a big goose egg again this year. I've spent some time down that way, and I've seen some nice elk around schofield. There is some private and some public land around there, so it may be worth checking out. Good luck on your hunt.
[signature]
Sorry you're not getting a lot of help with your area, and sorry I can't help out much either.

But you should feel very good about drawing. Both my wife and I came up empty handed with our Book Cliffs deer applications.

I'll say it again, "Maybe next year?"[unsure]
[signature]
I myself am 5 years in and still no turkey tag, but I did manage to draw a diamond mtn. general season buck tag this year, also in my 5th year of trying.
[signature]
Look around on the south skyline drive, I have seen many big bulls down in the big canyons from that road. If you are willing to hike you can find some big bulls on the South Skyline. I have 6 points now, but no luck this year.
[signature]
I had 5 points for the any weapon antelope permit on the west desert and I finally drew out this year[Smile] only 7 permits given out for that draw and I was one of the lucky ones, I just hope that big grandpa lope is still there this year that I've been scouting for a year a half now! but hope everybody else had luck in the draw this year.
[signature]
Congrats on the loper tag! I have two friends that also drew out on West Desert tags. Don't know what hunt unit exactly. I believe there is a couple to chose from out there. I tagged out on my loper three years ago down on Parker Mtn. It was one of the funnest hunts I have ever had and my wife was there to share the whole experience with me, which was great. My goat scored 74ish. I passed on well over 25 bucks before noon on opening morining. Down in that country there was antelope in and out of the pines and qauakies. Weird, but pretty cool.
[signature]
My mom drew on the parker hunt last year, and nailed a 14.75" first thing in the morning.

This year my bro drew out on the parker as well, he only had 1 preference point the lucky devil, hopefully he can bag a trophy sized one. One he can put on the wall
[signature]
Congrats! I haven't been so lucky yet. Now, for some decent areas...
Down by electric lake, to the east(I believe), up along that ridge line, I have seen some slammer bulls. I know because I pushed all those patches last year on the deer hunt. The biggest went around 350 or so.
Going farther south, there are a couple of canyons just barely north of miller's flat reservoir. My dad used to hunt them yearly. I've only ever tried it once on the spike hunt, and only saw cows and bigger bulls then. But, since you can kill them, I'd say go for it.
Good luck. You truely have a great tag. I wish I had it!
[signature]