Fishing Forum

Full Version: Bountiful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody fished Bountiful lately? Fished it twice then today again and nothing. Used just about everything jigs tiped with worms, worms, power bait, spinners, and little jakes. Saw some carp surface. Then the wind picked up and i took off. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
The Bountiful mud-hole is a fickle piece of water. I fish it about 3 or 4 times a week on my way back from work, or on my lunch hour and have found brightly colored spinners and rooster-tails casted near the canal inlet will catch fish. Typically I reel just fast enough to keep the blade spinning. I've taken some nice white bass this way. However, the pond is never fast fishing and I consider it a good day to land 1 fish, that is why I never spend more than an hour there. Also check the stocking report, fishing is easier right after they dump a load.

~BUSHWACKER~
[signature]
if you dont care what you catch try smashing bread on a worm hook. keep your bail flipped so a big carp doesnt take your pole! ive caught some monsters doing this. (fortunately the ice is off strawberry- so now i can just fish up there!) good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for your info. Maybe I will see you there one day. I will have to try more spinners. Thanks again for all your info.

RoyalBull
[signature]
i live like 5 min away from the bountiful pond. I hate fishing it cuz it stinks, the water is nasty, garbage every where around the pond, and a ton of bugs that love to bite you.

I have caught some white bass there though, and they were really nice size too. I found that the best place to catch them is where the water is coming out of the pond. There are some rocks over there and i think they hang out around there. I use a wite and red curly tail and an orange jig head with smelly jelly on it, shad flavor. I have also caught some large mouth bass there too, but not many. the thing is that some days you catch them and others you don't.

good luck

Rabid Fisher
[signature]
I've caught several largemouth there on the east island by where the water drops to 11 feet and also along the north edge. Fun little stink hole. If you think that stinks try the South marina @ willard over by the pig farm. PHEEW!
[signature]
haha.... true true, the feed lots at willard do stink bad, but once you get a breeze that blows that dumb smell your way at bountiful pond i think that is the worst you can get, nasty...!

Rabid Fisher
[signature]