Fishing Forum

Full Version: Did anyone else get snow today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was surprised to wake up today to 4 inches of snow, did anyone else get snow today? It sure is hard to believe the weather is going up to the high seventies by the weekend, I for one am looking forward to the change.
[signature]
I too was completely depressed this morning when I looked out my bedroom window to snow covered ground and blizzard conditions. My commute to work over Trappers Loop was like a scene from mid January. Snow isn't all that unusual this time of year, especially at that elevation. But it is always so hard to take! Saturday is going to be major relief for all of us with spring fever.

Tight lines to all!

[walleye]
We had it coming down in Herriman but nothing stuck. Friends in Draper said they had a couple inches in places.

KUTV news said that we had an inch of snow on May 11 back in '83 before all the flooding. They were hoping against a repeat.
[signature]
I'm presently looking out my office window at the eastern foothills below Squaw Peak in Provo. Earlier today there was a pretty good dusting of snow on most of the rooftops of the homes highest up on the mountain.

The snow line is still below the "Y" above BYU, but it looks light enough that it probably won't last for too long.
[signature]
My route takes me all over Davis and Weber counties. Looks like parts of Laytons east bench had about 6'' by 10am. this sucks.
[signature]
Theres that 4 letter word again![Wink] We got about 3 inches here in nephi.Scared the crap out of me when i opened the garage door![pirate] I hate driving in the snow .[mad]
[signature]
Think about the better quality fishing that all of this abundant moisture is going to provide over the next several years.

If I understand our current water situation correctly, during the last several years of drought, the water levels in nearly all of our lakes and reservoirs dropped significantly. From what I've heard and read, significant vegetation has grown on many of the shorelines that were left exposed.

Now, as water levels rise, the new growth that is in the process of being flooded will provide more food for small creatures that feed on the vegetation, which will in turn provide more life for this year's hatch of game fish to feed on. The flooded vegetation will also provide more protective areas for several species of small fish to hide in. I've read that this will provide a better crop of game fish for the next several years.

I just keep thinking about how good the fishing will be next year and the year after as I look out my window at the steady rainfall.
[signature]
That's the way to look at it man. If ya got a lemon, make lemonade.
[signature]
Bear River City got about 4 in.. Sure sucked driving home in the morning..
The river is headed up again the lower field is a pond once more[pirate]..
[signature]
Hey Geezer, it's good to hear from you. It was nice to meet you that night that I showed Lauren my boat on Utah Lake.

Hope you've been catchin' a lot of fish and are planning on enjoying our upcoming warmer weather!
[signature]
You know the drought did do some good.Yuba has a lot and i mean a lot of cover for the perch to hide now.Thats why the walleyes always crash there .Between the eyes ,pike, and the people fishing for them they didnt have no chance without cover.Now they wont be sitting ducks and they can reproduce significantly.
[signature]
Hey, PrinceFisher,

Good to hear from you. I have made it out to Pelican Point a couple times & had fun with the kitties. My fishing is totally shot for the rest of this month 'cause I'm gonna be working straight 12 hr. night shifts & no time off 'till the first of June. Wah! wah! wah!!!

That's all right though. I'll catch up.

GEEZER
[signature]
As I'm sure you are well aware, Mr. Geezer, life is full of joys and sorrows, commitments and responsibilities, and the occasional opportunity to break away from our daily routines.

Just think about it: If we were able to fish all day, every day, whenever we wanted, we'd probably never feel the true relief and joy that comes from a longed-for fishing trip after a hard week or month's worth of labor.

Having said that, here's hoping you enjoy your next fishing outing when you're finally able to make the trip.
[signature]
Oh, MAN, am I ever gonna enjoy it!!!

Later,

GEEZER
[signature]