Fishing Forum

Full Version: For the love of god, PLEASE let it be sunny this weekend!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gotta tell you guys, I am getting pretty tired of fishing in the rain. At least when I take the kids I can duck for cover under a tarp. Hoping to try out the new trolling motors sunday at willard. How deep should a guy be trolling for wipers?
[signature]
[red][size 3] AMen Brother[/size][/red]
[#ff0000][size 3] [/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Amen and hallelujah!
[signature]
[cool] fri. sat. sun. partly cloudy 70 degrees sounds like a winner !!!!! and i gotta work all weekend [Sad][crazy][unsure][pirate][mad]
[signature]
[#505000]As soon as I figure out how big a cubit is I'm planning on building an ark in my back yard. I gotta make sure to stop at sportmans to stock up on enough tackle to last me until the dove gets back with the olive branch. [Tongue][/#505000]
[signature]
[black][size 4]I wish it was all North. Bear Lake could still use a few feet or "twenty". We are still down low and could use a bunch of this water![/size][/black]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]There is plenty of time for me to enjoy natures gift, just wish it was a litle deeper. The fish need the shore structure to spawn or even go thru the routine of spawning.[/size]
[size 4][/size]
[size 4]Not complaining, just wishing!!![/size]
[signature]
svpddgcar,
good luck with that! lmao.
[signature]
[#505000]You think I'm kidding!!! I've got some basement flooding going on!!!! I've got animals in pairs gathering in my backyard!!!! [crazy][/#505000]
[signature]
Then stop feeding them any maybe they will go away.
[signature]
You can catch wipers at just about any depth at Willard. They move up and down, left and right, back and forth, whatever. I usually try to troll a lure near the bottom, one in the middle column, and one closer to the surface. If one depth seems to be getting the most action, or you are marking more fish at a certain depth, then move all lines to that depth. Just experiment and narrow in on them.
I took advantage of the break today and went down to the lake (Utah Lake) on my lunch break... didn't get anything but it was still a nice break.

Law
[signature]
amen to that i cant wait to get a good day of fishing in possibly sunday sence i have a school dance god that'll be a bore---- maybe i can go fishing before---- no than id smell like fish and powerbait even though that is an attractive smell for most us guys i dont think the women appreiciate a good stench o well lets pray for sunshine

good luck and keep fishin