Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lake X Report 5-14-05
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[green][size 2]It was a beautiful day, kinda w...y though. Air temps 65 degrees and maybe a little better. Water temps[unsure] 48.5 to 51.9. I was all over the damn pond and couldn't find warmer water.

My biggest caught was an older Tri-hull boat that lost its battery power and I towed back to the marina, I believe this counts about 1700lbs towards the todays total weight.

I ran into Maniac and Skeeter2 back at the marina after dropping off Gillagan and the Skipper. This was about 6pm(I had to work this morning for gas money so I got on the water later in the afternoon). We said the howdies and those two bragged about all the smallies and brownies they were catchin'(boy! they act like brothers!).

Finally, after socializing and earning karma points I get down to some serious fishing. I caught 2 13" smallies on worms, and then went home[Tongue].
[/size][/green]

[signature]
Tommy, you work too hard! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Glad you were able to get into a few. I was there in the afternoon as well and the fishing was very slow compaired to Thurs. I caught a 15" rainbow and a 13" brown and missed one other. That was it. I went back into the hole where I caught the smallmouth on Thurs, but she was not there or at least not biting. Hope to get up again and firgure them out. Jake
[signature]
Well Tom, I wish we had done as good as you make it sound. Saturday I caught one 23" brown, one rainbow and one cutt, while trolling a perch colored shad rap. Three or four smallies, nothing worthy of pics caught one smallie on a 3-3/4" reaper,and the rest on a 4" salt stick in a new color I'm working on. Skeeter caught two nice browns, one on the changeable craw orange tail 4" salt stick and the other on a tube jig. Along with six smallies on a salt stick. and three or four bows, on cranks. The biggest challenge trolling for browns is all the irregular bottom, combined with the crank bait eating brush and trees.[pirate] Man that lake can get expensive to fish! I forgot my camera again, but Skeeter took some pics with his camera maybe he will post them later.
[signature]