Fishing Forum

Full Version: Huntington Tigers....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be fishing huntington this saturday. Was wondering what works up there. I would like to land a tiger trout it will be my first if I do. If anyone is willing to share what lures or bait works. Or what area is best to fish. This will also be my first time on that lake.
I will have my wife, 2 kids, mother and step father wanting to get into fish. we plan on releasing all fish.
Thanks
[signature]
If you are fishing from shore just throw a worm or minnow out on the bottom and you should get something. Anywhere on the east side, the road side, is good and is a great place to sit around and relax. The last time I was up there I caught a fish on a bronze and black countdown rapalla so if you try lures that one worked for me.

Good luck, don't fall in.[Wink]
[signature]
Last fall I caught them on a black woolly bugger.
[signature]
I asked the very same question a few years ago and got a great response from FuzzyFisher. Since then I don't use much else but these items when I fish Huntington.
One thing though....I usually fish from a canoe with a small electric motor. However, that said, I have still had a lot of luck using these from land.
These photos are of the ones that have worked the absolute best (40+ fish a day). If I loose one I use whatever I have in my box that looks the most similar to it.
Hope you have a great time up there...I love fishing Huntington.
Rob
[signature]
I guess i forgot to say I will be on my toon with my electric motor. but the family will be shore bound most of the time.
[signature]
A nice sized silver Krokodile spoon has worked well for me in the past. I've also caught them on rapalas while trolling. Good luck.
[signature]
Only 2 things i use there are a red and white spoon and a chrome krocodile.They seem to catch the bigger tigers.Early mornings and evenings have been good for me .Also i have fished by the dam and where the river comes in those have been good spots for me.
[signature]
Dude, you are SOOO going to pay for abandoning them on the shore.[pirate]
[signature]
Stop in at big pine sports in fairview, right next to the walkers, talk to todd if he is there, he does the UDWR fishing reports for the canyon lakes, he will be up to date on the tactics that work best
[signature]