Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strange catch @ U Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent a little time at Utah Lake today near the American Fork boat harbor chasing white bass and walleye. I didnt score either of those but I did pick up a 15 in Rainbow Trout! It was near the mouth of the river so Im not entirely surprised but Ive never gotten a trout from Utah Lake.
As I was wading out I noticed a golf ball in the water. I leaned over to grab it and saw two more. And then three more, a bunch over there and on and on. I ended up collecting 73 golf balls from the stream.
Now Im home, Ive turned the trout into a tasty sandwich and I think Ill head over to the driving range to hit my "free bucket" of balls.[Smile]
[signature]
While catching white bass at the creek near Lindon Boat Harbor a few years back my Dad caught a brown trout. I've also caught a few browns in the AF River upstream from the lake but below I-15.
[signature]
I think the golf balls might be an experimental catfish bait...after the story of the catfish back east trying to take a small basketball maybe someones on to something[Tongue]...careful with the golf thing you can get hooked and it will take away from your fishing time and funding$$$. I've never taken a rainbow but I took a 10" brown near Lindon Boat Harbor about 3 years ago on a spinner (fishing for white bass). I also took a 13" brown a couple years ago in the little creek that feeds in at AF harbor under the road that turns off to the green waste and sewer facility. I just stopped to take a look at the water level and spotted a fish sitting there in a pool so I went to the other side of the road and pitched a fly & bubble through the pipe and he nailed it on the first cast. MMMMMM...sandwich.
[signature]
"[size 1]13" brown a couple years ago in the little creek that feeds in at AF harbor under the road that turns off to the green waste and sewer facility."
What kind of brown we talking about? I am hoping we are talking trout here![Tongue]
[signature]
My nephue caught a 12in. rainbow at lincoln beach in the first hot spring in Jan. this year. I was pretty surprized to see a trout that far away from a inlet stream. white bass,,,, white balls,,,, pretty close to each other, only a couple of letters away. lol later chuck
[signature]
[Tongue] Yuck! Thats wrong! If you ever catch one of those please don't take any photo's...and no catch and release. ha,ha,ha
[signature]