Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard 7/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to Willard yesterday in the float tube. Was trying to jig for some walleye, but the darn wipers wouldn't leave me alone [Wink].

Anyway, I ended up catching 6 wipers all on a 3 inch power grubs in white, with a glow in the dark chartruese head. I tipped it with a night crawler.

I caught a few that were in the 12 inch range, and a 1 that was 23 inches.... very nice fish. The rest were 16-19 inches. Man those wipers really fight don't they. I would say pound for pound the hardest fighting fish in Utah... at least the fish I have caught. Oh yeah, I did catch one catfish, but it was small. Released all my fish, so they are still in there for you to catch! [Smile]

I only saw one boil the whole time I was there, and I was trying my hardest to kick my way out there, but it quit before I had a chance to cast into it.

As stated in a different post, I saw some tickets written which was nice to see.
[signature]
Wiper fishing at willard has been a little tough this last week. Maybe jigging is the way to go. Went yesterday after work from 5:30-9:30, picked up two medium sized wipers and 3 walleyes. I have had to move around alot trying to get in to them. Can't find any where consistant just picking up one here and there. Surface temp was 78 - 80 degrees.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, I think most of us Willard fisherpersons love it when, "the darn wipers won't leave us alone". What area were you fishing? WH2
[signature]
I started out at the North dike where I saw the tickets being written, but only caught a few there. I then moved to the southeast corner of the lake... right by the freeway and did much better.
[signature]