Fishing Forum

Full Version: Has Anyone Played With These?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[red][size 3]I was sitting around bored and checked out some links on the BFT sidebars. Here is fishing gear from Italy. These are some kind of bobber or something. Has anyone played with them before?[/size][/red]
[red][size 3][/size][/red][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=11834;]
[red][size 3][url "http://www.vedette.it/"]http://www.vedette.it/[/url][/size][/red]
[#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
they look like a feather quil bobber, I've use them for crappie fishing in calif. they are used for light biting fish. hope this helps. later chuck
[signature]
Yes I have used them - I still do. They are ultra sensitive floats for different conditions - windy, very calm, high pressured fish, small lite biting fish, etc.

I Use them with very light line for very light biters. Unlike bobbers, the bulk of those floats is underwater and the upper tip is the indicator, which moves with the slightest touch on the hook below. They are also less affected by the wind because of having less surface area above the water that is exposed.
[signature]
I used something very simular when I was TDY in Italy. As stated the work well for different conditions and some of them you can insert a tiny glow stick into the top of them to see hem during night fishing.
[signature]
Funny you should mention Italy. That's where I was introduced to the hundreds and hundreds of different models they use in European speed fishing tournaments(where they can catch over 500 fish in an hour with just one fishing pole). Before then, I had only used a dozen or two different types of floats and bobbers. Float fishing is one of my favorite methods, one that I have employed my whole life and one that I have used to catch nearly every species of fish I have ever caught - which includes almost every fresh water species in north america(I have never caught a sturgeon nor alligator gar) and a whole bunch of other fresh water species world wide - I have also caught a lot of salt water species using floats and bobbers. They can be used drifting, trolling, in fast or slow currents, or while still and stationary fishing, they can be used in 1 foot of water or 100 + feet of water and they can be used for virtually every kind of bait, lure, offering or presentation.

I can also add from personal experience that you can catch snapping turtles, crawdads, birds, muskrats and one time I had a 4/5 pound Largemouth bass slam and swallow my float whole because of a draggon fly that was perched on it as I fished for bluegills - she got the dragon fly, but I got her after one heck of a fight on 4 pound line - the float was lodged sideways in the back of her mouth and she fought all the way in with her mouth wide open and part of the float sticking out of her gills on one side.
[signature]