Fishing Forum

Full Version: New Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I'm circling on a new boat, and need info on Mercury's 90HP EFI vs. Yamaha's. It will go on ~18-19' aluminum hull, one of the welded ones like Alumaweld, Weldcraft or Hewescraft. I'd like to know the type of things they tell you in a report, like RPM vs. speed, MPG, etc. Anyone know where I can look?
[signature]
Lots of local mechanics who will work on a Mercury, make sure there are local mechanics who will work on a Yamaha.
[signature]
I'm hoping to not need a mechanic. I havn't needed one for my Merc 50HP 4S in 8 years. I've been able to do everything myself.
[signature]
Just in case you do need one, you may want to send a PM to MGB -- quite certain he owns one. Factor to consider when comparing one against the other -- also availibility of parts locally.
[signature]
Thanks. I prefer the Mercury, and it looks like I can get a good price on an '05. I'll try to reach MGB. Does he have a 90HP EFI? It's amazing how little information is available on these motors.
[signature]