Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry today 10-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit the Berry today with a friend Fred Murphy and coldfooter. Had a dandy time & ol coldfooter showed us how it's done. Didn't keep count but I'm guessin' we boated about 30 today with coldfooter leading the way.

I didn't do too bad & Fred would certainly have done better if he hadn't spent so much time hauling in them little lobster lookin' things.

We got on the water about 8:00 am & pulled off pretty close to 4:00 pm.

The big majority we caught were on coldfooters tube jigs. Fact is if he hadn't been along I don't think the day would have been half the success or fun.

Thanx Don. I'll be lookin forward to sharing more fishin' adventures witcha.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sounds like a fun trip today, Geezer. I'm sure Don is a hoot. If he's anything like his posts in real life, its got to make for a fun interesting time.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Its always a blast at the berry. Good to hear you guys got into them. Did you get a surface temperature? What area did you fish? I didn't know ColdFooter knew how to get to strawberry.
[signature]
Tom you give me far to much credit but it was a real pleasure sharing the water with you and Fred and I certainly look forward to doing so again. I need to figure out Fred's little technique of quick release right at the boat!! Hot damn, thats sweet! No wet hands or smelly fishie fingers to deal, lol! Like I said Tom, my success was just dumb luck. Yeah those little custom numbers did a fine job huh, lol.

Rich,, it was a purrty day ta GitR Dun!

Mike,, I hooked up with Tom and Fred in Heber and I'll be damn'ed, Thats the Berry huh?! Hmm, I always thought the name of that joint was Clarks![Wink] Man I miss me old cabin at Clarks although most of my time there was spent shootin' pool and drinkin' beers! But since those days I havent open water fished (Strawberry huh?) but a few times I could probably count on one hand.
After launching we headed north[Wink] and stuck the west shores. We made several stops throughout the day as we moved continuously south while visiting several old haunts untill reaching the meadows where we finished the day. All but one stop produced within a few short minutes.. Sorry, no info on water temps..
We we're short bit a lot and if we'd merely added a stinger I'm sure we'd have boated more than twice the fish. Our catch included several pushing 21-22 as well as one 23+ and a 24+. No Bow's..
[signature]